The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:13 pm 
Another question from the newbie...... As my Sprints bushes needs to be replaced I searched for a complete set of poly ones. Most dealers have them available but I was wondering why for the whole set (front + rear suspension, steering, rollbar and subframe) one dealer want 186,83 Pounds and another one 348,16 Pounds two others ask a price somewhere in the middle. Why are there such price discrepancies with nearly the same content (the cheaper one even includes the bush seals 216909, where the expensive one does not) or are there different manufactures of these poly bushes around and if yes are there quality differences?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:12 pm 
TDC Member

This is always going to come down to personal experience of various companies, and so the more people who post the better chance you'll get of a full answer. I'd recommend reposting this over on the main dolomite forum just so the most number of people get to see it.

For what it's worth I've bought most of my bushes from Chris Witor. He has a full selection and I have always been happy with the product.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:38 pm 
i think the general opinion is that witor ones are the way to go.

I bought my set from rimmers, the yellow ones. the top wishbone bushes from rimmers dont fit - well, they do until you try to put the sleeve in, then they squish out all over the place as they're actually too big. they did replace them with harder ones that are actually meant for the bottom of a shock absorber, they fit a treat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:32 pm 
i bought all mine from chris witor and all fitted fine and feel great. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:49 pm 
They fit if you take the sleeve out of the old rubber ones, clean it up and slot it into the new poly ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:25 pm 
tried that lee, squidge squidge squidge, no good m8.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:55 am 
Worked for me.