The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:42 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:54 pm 
On the weekend of the 18th - 20th July we have been invited to join our friends at the TR Drivers Club for a fabulous weekend of classic summer gloriousness.

We will be joining them in taking over Teal Meadow at Billing, Northamptonshire, right in the middle of the country (Jn 15 of the M1).

In addition to our delicious Dollies, Tollies, and TRs, we will also be joined by the Rover SD1 club. Our cars share heritage, most notably the Sprint with the TR7, and the TR8 with the Rover SD1 3500, so there will be plenty of opportunity for us all to benefit from our combined experiences.

There will be the usual events, including a road run, fiendish quiz, bar, music, informal concours, raffle, and lots more besides.

More details will follow, but in the meantime, make sure you put it in your diaries.

I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at Billing on the weekend of the 18th - 20th July!

Diary for the weekend looks something like this:

Friday, 18th July

Campers start arriving, setting up, meeting with old and making new friends.

Saturday, 19th July

Morning:
More campers and arrivals of Triumphs and Rovers. Tents set up, general chit chat, catch ups and lunch. Bar open all day as long as it is manned.

2.00 pm: Saturday afternoon road run, with pub stop over.

5.00 pm: Return to Billing.

7.00 pm: Evening events start in the marquee: Including: Quiz, Music, Bar and video show.

Sunday, 20th July

After breakfast there will be much polishing and dusting of cars ready for the informal concourse judging.

9.00 am Onwards cars arrive, are displayed on the field and much general discussion and appreciation of the variety of cars takes place.

2.00 pm Informal concourse with members from each club appointed to score all of the cars on display in accordance to the trophies which each club has nominated.

4.00 pm Raffle

5.00 pm Weekend draws to an end.

The times are approximates and will flex going by past experience.

Entry is £10.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:40 pm 
David,

I am looking forward to seeing all the delicious Dollies, Tollies at Billing.

Suggest for anyone looking at staying locally and not camping, is to keep a eye on deals offered at the Premier Inn at billing, not forgetting camping is available Teal Meadow.

Looks like Teal meadow will be resembling a BL dealership from the seventies / eighties.

Jim Johnson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:39 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Whats the cost for public entry to the show.

Regards David

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Entry is £10.

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:48 pm 

A bit dissapointed today at the small turnout at the show only 5 cars and not all were Dollys :( .I went as my big bro took his TR7 V8 up from Epsom so met him for the afternoon and wanted some insperation to get my restoration started.

David

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
A bit dissapointed today at the small turnout at the show only 5 cars and not all were Dollys
David
Only five cars and presumably one of them was yours??? Well look on the bright side, Smiler - at least you got a parking space and the queue for the bar couldn't have been that long! :lol:

Anyway, many thanks to the TR Drivers Club for inviting us to their event, even if "only 5" cars turned up!

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:46 pm 

According to their website pics there were at least 12cars.

(constructive criticism>>>>)Not really surprised at the low attendance considering the £10 entry costs and there were no proper details about the gathering on their own website.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:08 am 

Maybe there were more cars on sat but at lunch time on sunday there was I think a
Toledo
1500 tc
sprint
It was not a criticism just an obsevation .

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

In fairness to all concerned, I think the low attendance (by guest clubs at least - I don't know how many TRs were present) may have been down to Billing forcing the date of the event to be moved to the first weekend of the school holidays/works shutdown, when many people traditionally go on their annual holiday. The £10 admission fee was also down to Billing, this is their standard admission charge for all cars entering the park. There was no additional charge for taking park in the Triumph events, they were paid for by the clubs themselves (including ours).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:59 pm 
TDC Member

You could have come and said hello, there was someone around/with the cars all day

Incidentally, there were 2 Dolomites, and 2 FWDs (1 x 1500, 1 x 1300), plus the 2000 on Sunday

1965 Triumph 2000 black and rust
1967 BSA B40wd green
2018 Jaguar E pace 2018
NOBODY expects the Canley Inquisition!