The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:51 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Mudeford Quay Meet
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:33 pm 
Hi all,

Just pointing out of a classic car meeting down Mudeford Quay every month. Tomorrow at 2pm onwards, usually quite a few there that go. Further details here if needed - there's a few cafes there and a very nice restaurant that does good fresh seafood (if you like it!).

http://mudefordmeet.co.uk/

Look forward to seeing you there!

Tim

Post subject: Re: Mudeford Quay Meet
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:36 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Damn it, I'm off work tomorrow but its too short notice as I have already made other plans.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:26 pm 
I had only known about it on Friday evening at about 11pm, and only caught my mind to notify people here - my bad! I know there's one next month, very early February. Will post photos tomorrow evening.

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:44 am 

Cheers Tim, please do let use know if there are other.
I have a list of some local shows which I will post and pass on to Chris.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:39 am 
Will do. I'll update the Old Sarum/Classic Cars On the Prom topics before there's a meet (next time with a few weeks warning!). CCOTP doesn't start till early April, however there might be a few around, I know Popham Airfield might be having one as I'm up there with the Antonov. Bournemouth Aviation Museum has an event going with a vintage vehicle meet - usually buses/military 6x6 tankers and whatnot but classic cars also welcome. I'll update everyone closer to the date.

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:01 pm 
Just got back - very very very windy and very cold. Only a classic Merc, Ford Anglia and a Stag showed up in the end. Spoke to the bloke who organises it and apparently one of their worst meetings in the time it's been running, usually quite busy! Nevertheless should be fine next month. Enclosed a photo of the lovely Stag itself!

Tim

Attachments:
1174835_10201207134169330_1447282651_n.jpg
1174835_10201207134169330_1447282651_n.jpg [ 69.44 KiB | Viewed 2511 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:00 pm 

The Bournemouth aviation show is now a two day event.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:32 pm 
Is it? I wasn't given the memo about that - shall look forward to it then!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:38 pm 

Email I received from Steve.......

I'm delighted to announce the Bournemouth Aviation Museum Vintage Transport show is now a 2 day show. This year being held on Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd March 2014 at the Bournemouth Aviation Museum, Bournemouth Airport.

This years show includes a Classic vehicle show, Live Music from Scarlet Swing, 1940s Re-enactments, Undercover Vintage Market, and a chance to see our new Aircraft exhibits including a 737 Fuselage, Victor Cockpit and Wasp Helicopter plus more!

A new addition to the Weekend is a 1940's "Blitz Ball" on the Saturday night (1st March) being held at the Bournemouth Flying Club. Performing Live is Kitten Von Mew, DJ Phil and singing 1940s hits his partner Lorraine. 1940s Dress/Uniform encouraged, Free Parking available.

Tickets for this are limited and cost £8 each in advance. To secure your tickets visit :
http://www.st-events.co.uk/Events.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:48 pm 
Sounds good to me - if I have a car by then (moved onto the big six's), I might be down in that. Either that or a friend's AEC Matador if I can get hold of it.. The Victor I know is XL164 they have down there. I know at the airport one time last month they had the Sea Vixen down, not at the collection but out on the apron. Sounds an appealing event, hopefully shall inform more people of it locally..

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:31 am 

The Matador sound fun. I'm meant to be working that weekend but if I manage to get someone to cover my shift I will try to take the Routemaster for at least one of the days, probably the Sunday.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:18 am 
She's a logging tractor - has a 10/15 ton winch on it I think, I'll have to ask the owner. The Green Goddess is an Irish one, bright yellow. Recently restored, all running and working. Two friends and I help maintain here and she should (if all things go well), be an exhibit at Boscombe Down Aviation in the coming month or so. Trying very hard to get it as one, if there's space.

Absolutely love Routemasters, can't fault them really! Look forward to hopefully seeing it down at the event.

Tim

Attachments:
DSC08714.JPG
DSC08714.JPG [ 2.66 MiB | Viewed 2451 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:08 pm 
TDC Member

OOOOHH Mudeford quay!!! :eyes4u: that brings back some memories of a few summer holidays spent down there in the late seventys/early eighties. It was just at the time when it was before development of the prom bit and it was nice and quiet. I was always crab fishing getting the bait from Batchelors, the men went out on his boat mackerel fishing, and my mum sent us off with fish paste sndwiches ohh how we laughed :roll: ...not. Love the pic of the cafe still there doesn't look like its changed much.

75 Sprint in Magenta called GunGaDiN GGD944N
2017 Jaguar XE R-sport