The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:53 pm 
TDC Member

I have organised a day that visits 3 different workshops in and around South Cheshire and North Staffs. I am a member of the Stag Forum and have posted it on there: http://www.stag.org.uk/forum/showthread ... -Cheshire)

Seeing as how I have a (dead) Sprint and that when we visit workshop 3 there will be a V8 Toledo there, thought it a good idea to post details here.

If there are any Dolly folks in and around Crewe that fancy coming along in your Triumph, just reply here and we will take it from there......... Cheers, Keith.

Details below:

If sitting in a field all day is not your classic car thing, then this could be right up your proverbial!

This seemed to go down very well last year so back again for a repeat, although not exactly the same, performance. I had hoped to post earlier, but have had a bit more organising to do this time, so you only get (nearly) 9 days notice!

Last year we had 2 workshop visits, this year it is 3. I know....... hard to think that last years day could be bettered, but there it is:-)

So...... Sunday 28th September (this month).

Same as last year, I have arranged for an informal visit to Dave Gates' workshop to have a look at his customers current classic car restoration projects. Free tea and biscuits as before, WC's onsite. Second workshop is a new venue, lunch is a new venue and you will not want to miss another new venue, the 'Triumph Heaven' that is the 3rd workshop visit of the day:-)

I have been in touch with the folks/owners/managers involved and the itinery is as follows: Note - 1 hour earlier this year.

11.00: Meet up at Hough Common, Cobbs Lane, Hough, Nr Crewe, Cheshire.

11.15: Short drive to Dave Gates' classic car workshop - workshop no 1

12.30: 15 min drive to workshop no 2

13:00 Guided tour of workshop 2

14.00: Lunch is at an absolutely fantastic venue. It is however a set menu due to the numbers involved, not just us, but other folks there on the same day. Details of the menu below, please let me know 1) how many people you need feeding and 2) your choice from the set menu, basically option 1, 2 or 3.

14.45 to 15.00: c.30 min drive to workshop no 3

c.15.30 Triumph Heaven - Workshop no 3. Triumph restoration in progress, and there may even be a Stag there! You will not want to miss this!!!!

OK, Lunch Info:

Choice 1) Steak and ale pie served with homemade chips, gravy and mixed baby vegetables
Choice 2) Oven baked potato served on a bed of rocket filled with cauliflower cheese
Choice 3) Oven baked potato served on a bed of rocket filled with homemade chilli con carne
Baked baguette and butter with all choices
All choices £9 Per Head
Usual wide selection of hot/cold drinks available, alcohol too but not on draught.
If non of the above options are suitable, please get in touch ASAP.

They can only cater for 25 of us on the day, but the food is excellent. Last year we had around 25 for lunch, so we should be OK this year. If more than 25.... errr, plan B will spring into action.

So, if you are coming, I need to know 1) how many meals you need and 2) your menu choice, 1,2 or 3.

Any questions, fire away..................