The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:34 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:33 am 
TDC Member

Triumph Dolomite Club International Rally 2016

When is it?: Sunday 4th September, 10am – 5pm

Where is it at?: Atwell-Wilson Motor Museum, Stockley Lane, Calne , Wiltshire, SN11 0NF (http://www.atwellwilson.org.uk/getting-here.html) Just off of the M4 at Chippenham

How much is it to get in?: It's free to access the Paddock where our events will be held, we have negotiated a discounted rate for museum entry of £6 per person (£1.00 per child - 5yrs/15yrs). The museum is a charitable trust so all entry fees go to a good cause.

So what’s it all about then?: Our annual get together, TDCIR, has moved down south this year and is guaranteed to be the largest gathering of Dolomites, Toledos and FWD cars in the world! No theme is set yet but we will have our usual mix of informal concours, autojumble and regalia sales.

The museum itself is a charity and is quite small in relation to the likes of Gaydon but it does have over 100 exhibits and a number of cars on loan from Gaydon including.... wait for it......

The last Dolomite to roll off of the production line, chassis number 113504!

If you don't know Calne, it's a quaint Wiltshire village situated close to the M4 on the edge of the north Wessex Downs close to Chippenham, a good location for those coming down from the north or across the south. There's lots to do in the surrounding area, the village itself is home to the 'Wiltshire Cure' technique of curing ham and bacon! There is Bowood house and gardens which is a privately owned country house with activities for the kids, a huge play area, waterfalls etc...

For anyone wanting to make a weekend in the area there are several National places that you could visit such as Laycock Abbey and village, or Durham Park. I bit further away and close to Bristol/M5 is Tyntesfield which is well worth a visit.

The ladies may like to visit Cribbs Causeway shopping centre on the Saturday, which is close to the M4/M5 junction.

A truly great day out for ALL the family – don’t miss it!

I will edit this post to include details of events on the day.

More info: telephone Triumph Dolomite Club 08700 111737 or email info@triumphdolomiteclub.com or http://www.triumphdolomiteclub.com

UPDATE

Confirmed concours categories are as follows:
  • Sprints
    OHV cars
    FWD cars
    Best in Show
    Best Modified Car
    The Chairman's Trophy Special Award
We will also have an award for the longest distance travelled.

When you arrive you will receive a flyer with the concourse entry and distance travelled entry.

The museum opens from 11am - 5pm, I will be there from 9:30am setting up. If anyone would like to come from about 10 to help me erect the marquee that would be great.

Please remember to bring your membership card for discounted entry to the museum.

If you haven't got a membership card, see Andy or James on the day.

Last edited by James467 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:36 am 
TDC Member

Excellent, it's in the diary, see you there. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:45 am 
Future Club member hopefully!

Can't wait pck should be all but ready for the journey :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:16 am 

Should be fine, but when you say

The last Dolomite to roll off of the production line, chassis number 113504!

Did the starter motor fail or did they forget to put the battery in ?

On the motorway no one can hear me sing!
Construed as a public service, self preservation in reality.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:50 pm 
TDC Member

Ber-dum-tish! He's here all week, try the veal! :lol:

Past fleet: Triumph 2000, Lancia Beta Coupe, BL Mini Clubman, Austin Metro, Vauxhall Cavalier MK1 & MK2, Renault 18 D, Rover 216 GSI, Honda Accord (most expensive car purchase, hated, made out of magnetic metal as only car I've ever been crashed into...4 times), BMW 318, Golf GTi MK3 16v x 3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:10 pm 
TDC Oxfordshire Area Organiser

Very good choice of venue James and nice to support this little museum.
I visited years ago, during a weekday and they opened up especially for me! Places like this are few and far between now, so look forward to this one.

Nice one and thank you for arranging it.

TDC Oxfordshire Area Organiser.
TDC/TSSC group meeting - 3rd Tuesday of the month

1980 1500HL - OPD
1976 Sprint - SWU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:50 pm 
TDC Member

For anyone wanting to make a weekend in the area there are several National places that you could visit such as Laycock Abbey and village, or Durham Park. I bit further away and close to Bristol/M5 is Tyntesfield which is well worth a visit.

The ladies may like to visit Cribbs Causeway shopping centre on the Saturday, which is close to the M4/M5 junction.

A few years ago now the Museum raffled a 1500SE that they were given to raise funds. The owner had offered it to me but as I already had four dolomites I decided that I had better not take on this one as well. It was also offered to clubs members but at that time there was a total lack of interest. How times change.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:06 am 

Should be able to make it..and if so, it will be my first TDCIR since 2008!...where the hell has all the time gone! :shock:

Lovely venue, lovely museum.. 8)

Many thanks as always for organising this. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:24 am 
TDC Member

Quote:

A few years ago now the Museum raffled a 1500SE that they were given to raise funds. The owner had offered it to me but as I already had four dolomites I decided that I had better not take on this one as well. It was also offered to clubs members but at that time there was a total lack of interest. How times change.
Thanks Richard, thats really useful so I have unceremoniously stolen it and added it to the top post! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:28 am 
Calne is a bit more than a quaint village. It was an important coaching town on the A4 - The Great West Road. One of the best classic car driving roads.
We had Southern Dolly Day there a few years ago.
Cheers, Chris

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:32 pm 
TDC Member

Quote:
Ladies?! It's not just the cars that are from the 70s!

Past fleet: Triumph 2000, Lancia Beta Coupe, BL Mini Clubman, Austin Metro, Vauxhall Cavalier MK1 & MK2, Renault 18 D, Rover 216 GSI, Honda Accord (most expensive car purchase, hated, made out of magnetic metal as only car I've ever been crashed into...4 times), BMW 318, Golf GTi MK3 16v x 3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:39 am 

I doubt that I will be going to this one. It is a bit far for for me and my wallet.

Good on you James for getting it organised though.

West Yorkshire Area Organiser & forum moderator
Meetings take place on the first Wednesday of the month at 8.00pm at The Old Brickworks, Wakefield Road, Drighlington, Bradford, BD11 1EA

1972 Dolomite 1850 auto (NYE 751L - Now for sale)
2003 Volvo XC90 D5 SE (PX53 OVZ - The daily driver)
2009 Mercedes-Benz W204 C200 CDI Sport (BJ58 NCV - The 2nd car)
1991 Toyota Celica GT (J481 ONB - another project car)
Former stable of SAY 414M (1974 Toledo), GRH 244D (1966 1300fwd), CDB 324L (1973 1500fwd), GGN 573J (1971 1500fwd), DCP 625S (1977 Dolomite 1300) & LCG 367N (1975 Dolomite Sprint) plus 5 Acclaims and that's just the Triumphs!

Check my blog at http://triumphtoledo.blogspot.com
My YouTube Channel with a bit of Dolomite content.

"There is only one way to avoid criticsm: Do nothing, say nothing and BE nothing." Aristotle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:39 am 
TDC Member

Perfect t location, not to far, beautiful countryside, despite a concerted effort my poor car won't be having a day out :( unless there is some kind of devin intervention. Am I alowed to come in a BM?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:02 am 
TDC Staffs Area Organiser

I have good friends in Calne, it's a lovely little market town. Not sure if I can attend yet but would like to if I'm free.

1961 Chevrolet Corvair Greenbrier Sportswagon
1980 Dolomite Sprint project using brand new shell
2009 Mazda MX5 2.0 Sport
2018 Infiniti Q30

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:50 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Mark: You'll have many good friends in Calne on 04 September, so you'd better make an effort! ;-)

George: I persuaded Mahesh to come in his BM last year, so no reason you can't come in your's this year!

Personally, I can't think of a better way to spend what will be my 50th birthday, I might even supply the cakes and make effort to have a roadworthy Dolomite to bring :-)