The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

https://www.necrestorationshow.com/
NEC Birmingham, 23rd - 25th March 2018

DISCOUNT CODES FOR CLUB MEMBERS HERE - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=33527

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:46 am 
TDC Member

Practical Classics Classic Car & Restoration Show, with Discovery

23 – 25 March 2018 at the NEC Birmingham

Come along & visit The Triumph Dolomite Club on stand 4-462

TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

Call 0844 858 6758 or book online at www.necrestorationshow.com

For our Members, there is an exclusive advance ticket offer giving £££ off the Sat or Sun door price - see the Exclusive Club Saturday or Sunday Discount advert in the next issue of Dolly Mixture for details and discount codes. DISCOUNT CODES HERE - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=33527

Book before midnight on Thursday 22nd March to benefit from the exclusive club members discount! Calls cost 13ppm plus standard network charges.

Don't forget to hand over your ticket stub to the volunteers on the Club stand - the Club can claim back £1 for each stub we receive, which helps towards the cost of putting on the display.

All bookings are subject to a single transaction fee of £1.50.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:48 am 
TDC Member

The stand this year will be great.

We intend to recommission the DTR over the course of the show. It will need a small amount of welding done and this will be done before the show but my plan is to transport the car in on a trailer during build up and during the course of the show:

Replace the complete braking system including all rubber hoses, pipes, calipers, discs, fill with silicone brake fluid and bleed the brakes.
Replace the fuel system, including pipes and hoses.
Whilst at the show the radiator will be reconditioned for us by a local company ready to refit.
Refit the engine and gearbox
Fit a new stainless steel exhaust system
Refurbish the cooling system fitting all new hoses and the new rad, fill the cooling system when done.
Refurbish the steering replacing bushes, balljoints and parts where necessary, maybe the rack if needed.
Fit Lumenition Optronic electronic ignition and Cibie halogen headlamps wiring in relays.
Fit new tyres, this will be done on the Saturday at a local tyre fitters.

Then hopefully on Sunday evening we will be in a position to put some fuel in the tank, start the car and drive her out of the show during breakdown.

It is ambitious to say the least but with the volunteers that I have to help me it should be ready for an MOT on the Monday morning!

The stand will be set up like a garage so that the public can get a good view of what we are doing, we will have a couple of other cars on display as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A late item of news;
https://www.necrestorationshow.com/news ... -challenge

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:19 am 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

I will be attending the show. Will be fascinating to see how the challenge goes ! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:12 pm 
TDC Member

Hotel booked for me and the missus. Might attend only on the Sunday though, do it all on one entrance fee!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:08 pm 
TDC Member

Don't forget the clocks go forward on Sunday!

Engines, Gearboxes, Overdrives etc. rebuilt. PM me.

1997 TVR Chimaera 450

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:40 pm 
TDC Member

Now that’s what I call a timely reminder, could’ve been embarrassing.
No pun intended, sorry.