The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Celebrating 95 years of Triumph Motorcars

Wroxall Abbey Hotel & Estate, Birmingham Road, Wroxall CV35 7NB

The pre-1940 Triumph Motor Club are hosting a picnic for all Standard and Triumph car clubs at Wroxall Abbey on 13th May 2018.

The picnic is to celebrate the 95th anniversary of the first Triumph car, the 10/20, which entered production in 1923. Up until then Triumph had made bicycles and motorcycles and, as they say, the rest is history. The format is simple - turn up in your Triumph with a picnic and marvel at the range of Standard and Triumph cars assembled on the lawns of this historic venue. Dating back to the 12th Century and once the country seat of Sir Christopher Wren, Wroxall Abbey is not only a beautiful country house hotel in Warwickshire, but one of the most historic. The Grade I listed Wren's Cathedral, with almost an entire millennium of heritage, is a rare and unique feature of the Warwick Estate. For those without a picnic there will be food available from Wroxall Abbey including a hog roast.

About Wroxall Abbey

Dating back to the 12th Century and once the country seat of Sir Christopher Wren, Wroxall Abbey is not only a beautiful country house hotel in Warwickshire, but one of the most historic. With an unrivalled location; offering seclusion and intimacy amidst 27 acres of unspoilt parkland and gardens, Wroxall Abbey truly is one of the finest hotels in Warwickshire. The Grade I listed Wren's Cathedral, with almost an entire millennium of heritage, is a rare and unique feature of the Warwick Estate. Guests are invited to take a leisurely stroll around the grounds during their stay and take in the splendour and striking nature of these celebrated buildings.With access to these fascinating and historic buildings, and set in such a scenic array of beautiful landscaped grounds Wroxall Abbey Hotel is the perfect destination for any occasion. Not only does Wroxall have an illustrious history and a beautiful setting, the hotel also benefits from outstanding leisure facilities. As well as enjoying Sir Christopher Wren's renowned architecture, hotel guests can also unwind in our relaxing spa; enjoy the indoor pool; or sweat it out on the tennis courts.

Staying overnight.

If you wish to take up accomodation at Wroxhall Abey then the event can offer special rates:

Wroxall Court:

Single occupancy - £85.00 per night

Double occupancy - £102.00 per night

Mansion House

Single occupancy - £90.00 per night

Double occupancy - £110.00 per night

All rates are quoted bed & breakfast and including VAT nad can be booked with the venue directly: www.wroxall.com

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:09 pm 
TDC Member

Nice . I can be there before overdrive is needed :). Hope our cars are not classed as pretendy Triumphs :)

Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:17 pm 
TDC Member

Think I'll be there as well Tony, might upset people, and bring the BSA as well!

1965 Triumph 2000 black and rust
1967 BSA B40wd green
2018 Jaguar E pace 2018
NOBODY expects the Canley Inquisition!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:36 pm 
TDC Member

Yes do that Bruce :)

Tony

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:50 pm 
TDC Committee

ALL Standards and Triumphs welcome. Bring a picnic, Hog Roast £5.00, or go posh in the Hotel. Stay all day or just for a while no cost for entry. Its intended to be an informal get together organised by the Pre 1940 Triumph Motor Club for all Standard and Triumph marques. Forecast dry with sunny intervals. We will have a gazebo to provide shade from the sun!!!
Come along and support the organisers.

Meet at Standard Triumph Social Club,Herald Avenue, Canley, CV5 6UB. Last Wednesday of month from 7:30pm.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:56 pm 
TDC Member

I'll be there in my Sprint. Anyone else going?

Tony