The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
IS the show still on :?
Why wouldn't it be? :shock: I spoke to the organiser last night and he certainly didn't see any cause for concern over a few flakes of snow :lol: .

By the way, we now have four cars lined up for the display :D .

EDIT; I've again spoken to them, the show will definately be going ahead.

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:21 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

The snow must go on!

Its wet snow falling now; be all gone by Sunday; rain forecast, I may just stay in the car!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:24 pm 
I'll be going up in Big White Volvo which sneers at this feeble display of british snow. Mind you it's also pretty good at flattening speed bumps, especially with me in it :rofl3:

See you all there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:50 pm 
im going too, with mr speedy. apparently he'll be worth mugging...

also tried to get an order from rimmers delivered there, thought closing day was today, or it was according to the guy i spoke to a few days ago, but no, was cut of yesterday apparently...

"hello left hand, mr right hand here, what are you doing??"

"sorry, I have absolutely no idea. derrr"

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:23 am 

Quote:
he'll be worth mugging...
...they're only worth mugging if they fight back; bit of spirit, bit of sport...better still if they have a bunch of mates with them that you haven't spotted :bonk:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:25 am 

...I'll be OK though 'cos my Mum is coming with me :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:00 am 
Gonna be horrible weather out there tomorrow I think. Everyone drive carefully!

Going to be a wet feet drive for me I think..... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:10 pm 
i now have a two door tolly will be coming on sunday will try and blag my way in hopfully cheers craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:08 pm 
Ok, tons of regalia stuff all ready to roll. I'll be the short grey haired, goatee wearing fat bloke by the regalia bit on the TDC stand :lol:

I expect people milling around the stand to purchase at LEAST one bit of regalia - you know it makes sense.

To all who are travelling to the event - safe journey and see ya there :wink:

Ken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:43 pm 
Absolute pleasure to meet everyone (those who I managed to get introduced to or introduce myself to anyway, apologies to those who I didn't to meet!)

Many thanks Andy for the carpets and likewise to Toledoman for your grilles! Should look the part the pair of them. Will be nice to have something to put my feet on and not be deafened by! :lol:

Really nice club stand this year too, especially with the projector showing slides. Cool to see the 1300s on the stand too, instantly started my Dad off about his again :lol:

Hope everyone else enjoyed the show, found it most enjoyable and managed to pick up some bits that I needed which is always gratifying.

Also now a club member. :shock: :lol:

Will buy some regalia soon Ken, no doubt about that! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:00 pm 
that was a good show with the 1300s taking pride of place. good to see quite a few new faces.
see ya all march 11th.

and a big thanks to the heros in big white volvo for recueing me.and to MalgE,for the favour. cheers guys (and ladies)

Last edited by 1300dolly on Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:02 pm 
TDC Member

Amid much fanfare, Andy managed to make an honest member out of you at last Lewis. Well done, and good to meet you at last.

Really nice to see all you guys again, especially Reg, who I don't think I've spoken to since TDCIR 2005 at Himley.

Well done for an excellent stand. It was genuinely refreshing to see the emphasis on the entire range of Dolly's rather than just the Sprint. The two 1300's looked really good "bookending" the stand (love the period roof rack Nathan), with Matt Cotton's simply superb 1500 in the centre, alongside the very smart vermillion Sprint.

The atmosphere on the stand was really good as well with a real "team" feel. Nice that so many people were involved and pitched in - my goodness I even got roped into the clearing up! :shock:

I thought the show itself was a bit quieter than last year personally. There just didn't seem so many people about - especially in Hall 2. Still, I had a good day. I got the brake shoes for the 1300 I had wanted, and had a decent journey both ways, and got in free. (Shhh!) :D

2021 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE PHEV
2021 Dacia Duster 1.3 TCe
1963 Austin A40 Rally Car
2021 Honda Cross Tourer Highlander

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:16 pm 

Another excellent meet; I even caught a bit of unexpected sun this morning.

Many old friends came to say hello, and some new ones too. Good to meet Tony Sprinter (what an apt surname :lol: ) and Lewis (briefly before distraction) and a good chat with another kindred spirit too...Oxdonian! (he currently has four more dolomites than me and his are all Sprints!)

Susie tells me the Club stand had a good day too, 7 new members and various renewals.

Those sunstrips are the cats ass Ken; put me down for one...I just need to chose the colour! :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:53 am 
yes good day out as this was my 1st but not last show joined the club :lol: so fully paid up member now.
nice to put a face to people i met ie Alun, Reg,Malc but to name a few and to see a few guys i have met allready
stand looked very good with the picture show background and susie smiling away getting the chaps to join the club.
very well done to all involved see you at the next 1 Tonysprinter. :wink:

Post subject: Stoneleigh
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:15 am 
My congratulations to all. It was an excellent start to the year with some good cars on the stand and was very well co-ordinated, even though I know that there was a last minute challenge. It was good to see some new members and catch up with some old ones. Dave, I'll make sure I get some shots of one of your cars on the next display! We were also visited by a Badly Drawn Boy lookalike, but without the piano car. I hope everyone got home OK and that Matt has managed to remove all the salt from his 1500! It was probably a little quieter than previous years as some traders were quite generic and the fact that many traders are equally accessible via the internet. Now we need to start arranging the restoration show!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next