The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 8 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:14 pm 
I sent you a pm with reg number.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:54 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Quote:
Colin will be in his car but I obviously don't know the reg number. We all have advance tickets.

Ken
Er.. yeah about that advanced ticket requirement.....

Checked mine and they are only 10-5 #-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:50 pm 
Quote:
Quote:
Colin will be in his car but I obviously don't know the reg number. We all have advance tickets.

Ken
Er.. yeah about that advanced ticket requirement.....

Checked mine and they are only 10-5 #-o
I guess mine is too ? Not actually knowing where I have put it..

Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:14 am 

This is, from what I've seen of Stoneleigh at the IIPSEC Exhibition, it may be possible to just sneak through if you carry a cardboard box in and you deliberately park in a stupid position.

Worked for me then :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:23 am 
I'll have boxes full of regalia stuff that might be carried in by 3 people :D

Post subject: Stoneleigh
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:26 am 
Ill be coming up early on Sunday in repmobile Passat RV53 HFC. Will probably meet up with Matt somewhere on route.

Post subject: Passes
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

READ THIS VERY CAREFULLY.

Just to make the situation perfectly clear;

ALL vehicles coming onto the site through the exhibitor's entrance either on the Saturday OR before 10am on the Sunday will need a VEHICLE PASS. ALL the occupants of the vehicle will need an EXHIBITOR'S PASS. Anyone trying to get into the showground without a pass will be charged £10. If you tell us what vehicle you will be arriving in (reg number), your expected arrival time and the names of ALL occupants, we will try and make sure that the necessary passes are available so that you can pick them up at the gate (the security staff have usually been very helpful in this regard). In an ideal world we would have been able to post these passes out well in advance, but unfortunately we only received them from the organisers this week. Also, we only receive a very small number of free passes, we have to buy any additional ones needed. As we still don't know exactly who is helping out/exhibiting, we'll have to buy the rest of the passes when we arrive to set up on Saturday.
Note that ADVANCE TICKETS are not the same as EXHIBITOR's PASSES. The advance tickets will not get you in before doors open on the Sunday, neither will they get you in on the Saturday if you wanted to lend a hand with setting up. Hence we only want to buy exhibitor's passes for members helping out on the Saturday OR who have to be in first thing on the Sunday to finish setting up.

If any of the above is unclear, please telephone either Jeff or me.

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:59 pm 
You have my info for Sunday am. Hoping for an eta of 08.00'ish. Colin and Phil will also be following/leading but I don't have the relevant info.

Ken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:34 pm 

Hi Ken/Phil.

Have given my details in the members only post (not my car y'see).

As Andy states above, I have only the advanced tickets not the exhibitor ones.

Do you have an exhibitor pass Ken? and if so is it worth the extra £10?

I don't mind paying the extra dough if it's the better option.

Let me know what you think and I will act accordingly.
Bear in mind I have two tickets so it's 2x£10 if we go that way. Plus £10 for Phil of course

Didn't know about this technicality so apologies Andy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:59 pm 
Just an idea but thought id ask, is anybody taking refreshments??

IE...kettle, tea, coffee, sugar and milk??

Dont mind grabbing milk and sugar, if everyone mucks in it should work ok!!

Might be easyer if everybody brings there own cup/mug!

This was done at the restoration show and it worked a treat!!

If others are up for it place on here what your bringing then we know!!

No point in having the tea and milk etc if nobody brings a kettle :lol:

Nathan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:11 pm 

Ken I've spoken to Phil about the show and we've come to the conclusion that we will just do the 10am thing. To that end, I will pick up Phil from his house and cart him, me and my dad up to Stoneleigh

There are a few reasons for this, wrong tickets :oops: and the fact that the second ticket I bought for a mate is now going to my dad. He is another one that wants to leave around 8.00. I.E he's a lazy git like the rest of us :D

Boot will still be empty though and the rear seat does split 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:21 pm 
Hi Colin, no problem mate. See you at 10.00am. Have a good journey :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:43 pm 
Hi all
just back home after two weeks in saudi but i will still be comeing look like i will make it for around 1030ish as i think it soud take aroud 3 hours to get down from blackpool, any tips on the best route would be welcome, and dont just say the M6 as i know that.
Big car only two seats taken any one need a lift m6 ish let me know
andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:05 pm 
Andy,

Best way to get from the M6 south is to exit at junction 4 take your 3rd exit onto the A446, follow the road down to a island and take 1st exit, thats the A45 into coventry, keep going on that road
(watchout for speed traps) its a long road but just keep straight, as you come into coventry you will go through in order.... 3 sets of lights (sainsburys on the left of third set) an island (fire station on the right), another 2 sets of lights (Burnt post pub on left of second set),......

....Then you will come to another island
(there is a peugeot garage on the left and also a safeway BP) take the 3rd exit down ST MARTINS ROAD and just keep going, you will come into stoneleigh village, go through the village over the bridge follow the road round to the right, up a big hill and stoneleigh show ground will be on your right!!

Hope this helps, me and the miss's are 100% sure there correct! On the A45 there may be some road works, some weekends they work others they dont so its pot luck im afraid! if you want, PM me and ill send you my Mobile number just incase!!

Good luck and have a safe jouney!!

Nathan

ps anychance of some blackpool rock?? :lol: :lol:

pps not trying to confuse you but the link below give you a rough guide to stoneleigh from M6 south junction 2 that i wrote awhile ago...

archive/viewtopic.php?t=6661&start=45

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:19 am 
IS the show still on :?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 8 Next