The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:36 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:51 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Quote:
Quote:
...but then looking at what the inca yellow one is currently sitting at, I might have to eat my words. It is certainly a strange time to be selling a Sprint!
That odd looking one (can't put my finger on why, maybe cills) on ebay is now just shy of £6k Alun! :shock:

Not that I can talk as it's a lot tidier than mine but looks like a fair bit of filler. The cills are wobbly and the rear valence where it meets the rear wings... no gap it's been filled. Also around the front lights doesn't look quite right.

But we're getting off subject... so are we all in agreement I should raise the price? :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:37 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Quote:
That odd looking one (can't put my finger on why, maybe cills) on ebay is now just shy of £6k Alun! :shock:
That's exactly why I posted again, and yes, that nearside cill/bottom of doors does look odd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:41 pm 

Makes this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Dolom ... SwImRYPG5f

look like a bargain!

But it was that one that directed my first comment!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:51 pm 
TDC Member

Quote:
Makes this one:

look like a bargain!

Thought it was, and it does that in comparison! That one looks like a good wash and a paint cut would make it look halfway to presentable.

Well adchesney, on current evidence £4k doesn't seem quite so high when a plastic Dolly goes for £5.9k but I'm not sure about raising it higher as a non-runner. Good luck with the sale, and a shame that you were not in a position to keep and enjoy it.

Disposal fleet: Golf GTi 16v MK3 Anniversary

Past fleet: Triumph 2000, Lancia Beta Coupe, BL Mini Clubman, Austin Metro, Vauxhall Cavalier MK1 & MK2, Renault 18 D, Rover 216 GSI, Honda Accord (most expensive car purchase, hated it on pickup from dealer, was made out of magnetic metal as only car I've ever been crashed into, 4 times), Golf GTi MK3 16v x 3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:20 am 

I have been watching that Inca yellow one on e-bay too, and I was very surprised at how high the bidding has gone. If the sills are not full of filler, then they have been very badly replaced. The bottom of the doors are extremely wobbly too. If it looks that bad in the photos...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:18 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Makes this one:

look like a bargain!

Thought it was, and it does that in comparison! That one looks like a good wash and a paint cut would make it look halfway to presentable.

Well adchesney, on current evidence £4k doesn't seem quite so high when a plastic Dolly goes for £5.9k but I'm not sure about raising it higher as a non-runner. Good luck with the sale, and a shame that you were not in a position to keep and enjoy it.

Thanks... I don't really have any intention of raising the price. All I really want is a good home for it. Who knows in a few years when I win the lottery or retire (in 35 years) I might buy another. But for that to happen we need people to restor and look after these beauty's.

If anyone is interested please don't hesitate to reply to this post or PM me.

Regards

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:44 pm 

Hi all,

I don't want this thread to go cold and I'd rather not sell on eBay for the listing fee so dropping asking price to £3,750 offers will be considered.

PM me for number and further details.

My location is camberley junction 4 of the M3.

As always... thanks for looking.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:02 am 

...but eBay fees will be far less than the £250 you've effectively dropped the asking price by?

To be honest, eBay is probably your best option. Despite what the yellow one recently finished at, I can't see your's selling as a direct sale at the sort of figure you aspire to; it needs a driver's footwell, the front subframe mount and the rear wing and inner arch repairing and that is just what the photo's tell us. Oddly, it is also wearing a tandem master cylinder and had door rubbing strips at one stage, though a lot of other 'bolt on' features are correct for an N plated car. Is there white paint evident elsewhere than the under bonnet area?

I'd put it on eBay if I were you and hope for two folk who don't know much about Dolomites aspire to own a Sprint bid on it; I think that is the only way you'll get anything like your asking price. You can always put a reserve on it to prevent it selling for less than you'd keep it for...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:58 am 

Quote:
...but eBay fees will be far less than the £250 you've effectively dropped the asking price by?

To be honest, eBay is probably your best option. Despite what the yellow one recently finished at, I can't see your's selling as a direct sale at the sort of figure you aspire to; it needs a driver's footwell, the front subframe mount and the rear wing and inner arch repairing and that is just what the photo's tell us. Oddly, it is also wearing a tandem master cylinder and had door rubbing strips at one stage, though a lot of other 'bolt on' features are correct for an N plated car. Is there white paint evident elsewhere than the under bonnet area?

I'd put it on eBay if I were you and hope for two folk who don't know much about Dolomites aspire to own a Sprint bid on it; I think that is the only way you'll get anything like your asking price. You can always put a reserve on it to prevent it selling for less than you'd keep it for...

Your absolutely right... but missing the point of me attempting to sell it on here. For all I know the potential 'know nothing' buyer could use for banger racing, strip it down and harvest of parts or even turn it in for scrap. Correct me if im wrong but I thought, judging by a lot of post, club member want to try and save these classics?

And as I've said many a time I'm reasonable to offers.

And so you know eBay charge 8% fee for bidding auctions. So that would be £320 asking £4,000

Regards

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:34 am 

Quote:
And so you know eBay charge 8% fee for bidding auctions. So that would be £320 asking £4,000
If you list it as a car it is a fixed fee, unless things have changed? Used to be about £28?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:09 am 

Quote:
Quote:
If you list it as a car it is a fixed fee, unless things have changed? Used to be about £28?

Yeh £50 for a classified add.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:20 am 

...and how much for a car listed in a bidding auction?

A listing fee of £8.70 followed by a final value fee of 0.9% of sale price with a minimum of £17 and maximum of £30.43.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:51 pm 
TDC Member

Selling it through the forum is the best option. But sometimes it takes time, weeks sometimes months.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:20 pm 

Hi mate have u still got sprint for sale ? If the reg is dlb 665t I used to own it and would like to buy it back

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:44 am 
TDC Member

If it's a 75 is not going to be a T reg :roll:

1980 Vermillion Sprint - 174bhp