The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:20 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:32 pm 
TDC Member

I will be listing some photos shortly but in the mean time some description.

My 1850 HL registered November 1978, only two owners new including me, 53,000 miles. She is Inca Yellow with a black vinyl roof.

Unfortunatley she has been sat for 17 years; 11 years under a tarp and the last six in my garage.

There is some rust to three of the doors, both off side and the rear passenger door but I have three good doors (2 inca yellow) should you wish to replace them.

the boot lid was also rusty and I have replaced that with a Mimosa coulored boot lid.

The near side back wing is bad but I have a NOS back wing to repalce it and this is included in the sale.
some rust in the front sections of the cills.

The engine is free, the oil looks like it was poured in yesterday.

I have overhauled the clutch master cylinder, replaced the hose and the slave cylinder, this all works and the clutch plate is free. 4 speed manual, no overdrive

I have overhauled the brake master cylinder and fitted a new pipe from the M/C to the T junction, fitted overhauled brake callipers, new pads, new discs, flex hoses and metals pipes to the callipers.

On the rear; new slave cylinders, new brake shoes, cleaned and greased the self adjusters, new flex hose on the back axle, new metal pipe work on the back axle.

New rubber mounts on the carbs, replaced the wax stats with normal jets, new condensor, points and plugs.

all electrics on the car work, it has an after market burglar alarm, not sure if that works.

I hope to have the engine running this weekend.

Tyres will need replacing,

I don't think it will take much to get this back on the road but I don't have the time now.

looking for about £900 but open to offers

Viewing recommended, located in Staines

regards
Malcolm

Attachments:
IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0001.jpg [ 352.78 KiB | Viewed 982 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:58 am 
TDC Member

Now sold,

thanks for looking

Malcolm