The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: SOLD 1977 1500HL SOLD
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:16 am 
TDC Member

I'm thinking of selling my 1500HL, Tahiti Blue, approaching 80,000 miles, mot till next summer, original engine though I believe the bottom end was overhauled circa 60,000 miles. It is in overall good condition body-wise, apart from some bubbling on the rear o/s door lower section - it was ziebarted from new, which has done its work.
I've owned it for the last few years, used it regularly, on the islands and attending mainland shows, including this year's Monte Carlo Rally Heritage Run from John o' Groats to Paisley.
I've fitted leather seats from a Rover 200 series, the fronts have a blue flash which is a very good match to the Tahiti Blue, they are both comfortable and supportive - I still have the originals which are in good condition.
Halogen headlamps have been fitted, also electronic ignition and a 4-fuse box.
The original exhaust tailpipe has been replaced by a Spitfire stainless box - looks and sounds much nicer!
There is an extensive file with the car, dating back to the early 80s showing mots and receipts.
I bought it from Bill Marshall who had rescued it from a laid-up state in East Kilbride, Scotland, assuming it to be a donor car but returned it to the road.
I've replaced items as required, and still enjoy driving this car, this might just be a case of itchy feet, whatever!
I would be quite happy to deliver the car to a prospective buyer, within reason of course!
I've never got the hang of posting photos but can e-mail up to date photos if required.
I'm looking for a price in the region of £1850 or thereabouts?

Post subject: Re: 1977 1500HL
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:48 pm 
TDC Member

8)
Dolomite now sold locally, still in the Western Isles to a couple who used to have a Sprint many years ago, so hopefully they will join the club as well. Their Sprint was sold to a man from NE Scotland who came over to Lewis with his son to buy their Cosworth and came back the following week to buy the Sprint! !

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:02 am 
TDC Member

Good to know it's gone to a good home. So - what will you be doing Norman?