The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:54 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:49 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

Hello all.
After having been desperate for a fwd last year I have foolishly ended up with 2! The one I have for sale is a 1968 in white. It has 23400 miles on it and I believe it to be genuine. The previous owner bought it in a farm sale in 2007 had work done got an M.o.T. and then never used it. It stood in her garage being driven on her private drive (1/4 mile) occasionally until last year when I bought it. I had an M.o.T. in May with no advisories and I have used it through the summer with no trouble. It has some missing paint and surface rust but apart from an area of paint lifting on the front wing nothing serious. The front wing lower inner and outer have been welded in 2008 when the car was first re-commissioned. When I got home half the oil had gone, the front crank oil seal was leaking and the engine had to come out for that (painful) and while it was out I cleaned out the sump. I have fitted a stainless exhaust and electronic ignition. The thermostat and housing have been renewed, as have the top and bottom radiator hoses and the expansion cap. The system has been radflushed. The fuel tank has been out and professionally cleaned (no rust holes) and the correct type sender found with the low fuel light option. The interior is very clean with the original carpets. I have had the engine and car serviced new filters etc. I have replaced the carburettor diaphragm and needle and put an electric fuel pump on with a filter to protect the pump and carburettor. Everything works, there are 2 sets of keys. I am asking £3000. There is quite a lot of service history, the original bill of sale and other receipts etc. Other pictures and information available on request.
Viewing is by appointment as the car is in storage.