The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:35 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:44 am 
TDC Spares Officer

I was going to use DTR to do the round Britain in, however I have now got my Sprint YGD so instead of just putting DTR in my lockup it really deserves to go to someone who will recommission and use it.

It is a one owner very early 'Dolomite' (1850) in Pure White (paint code 19) with a black interior. Last on the road in 1989 it has been dry stored in a garage. It is what I would call a first generation car built in the first half of 1972 and has the bigger steering wheel, quicker steering rack, centre interior light and the CDSE Stromberg carbs. It should have a three rail overdrive gearbox, however the previous owner swapped this out for a new single rail overdrive box when the old one started playing up. This was quite common at the time with the single rail box considered superior to the three rail.

The V5 is in my name and the mileage is 90k, this is genuine and I have the MOT certificates for the car to back this up. It was Ziebarted when it was about a year old and the receipt for this is in the document pack and all of the tell tale plugs are on the car. Since it was Ziebarted the body is solid, however, it does require some minor welding to the front valence in the typical areas that the Ziebart never got too. Nothing major, just repairing some holes and replacing the headlamp panel, a replacement of which will be supplied with the car. It has the typical bulkhead fatigue cracking which would need to be repaired a well. If you want me to do the welding I can do this for you separately.

The car is complete and it does run, it still wears it's original number plates. It does require recommissioning and will need new brakes including the brake lines, new front calipers and discs are included as is a new master cylinder. It will need fuel line rubbers, the fuel system flushing and a service and carb tune. You would probably want to replace the bushes but they all do look ok. The front balljoints don’t have any play but do require some new gaitors, the upper balljoints are the rebuildable type. The rack feels good, I have reconditioned the steering wheel and it looks much better than the photos, the interior is complete with the headlining in good condition with no tears. It will obviously need new tyres.

The car comes with the parts that I already have for it, it has a new clutch hydraulic system, master, slave and new hose. It has a new complete standard stainless exhaust system with a new manifold. A genuine delco dizzy cap, the points fitted are new. I have a lower superflex steering column bush and a new Chris Witor rear screen rubber. New calipers, discs and master cylinder are included.

It is an early car with good provenance and with the spares provided I think that £1500 is a fair price for it.

If you would like me to do the welding then we can chat about this separately and it can be done before you collect. Plenty of people will vouch for the quality of my welding! :0)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:55 pm 
TDC Member

I would say that's a very good price!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:59 pm 
TDC Spares Officer

I am withdrawing DTR from sale due to lack of interest. I'm not surprised given the time of year, however it will not be taken to the lockup! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:51 pm 
TDC Member

Not to the scrapyard I hope!!

:shock: