The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:05 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:21 am 
Future Club member hopefully!

I have a Pageant Blue Dolomite 1850HL auto for sale. Smart colour and about the best combination in the Dolomite non-Sprint world re: engine and gearbox. The 1850 really suits badermatic transmission. Being the HL means it has the 4 headlights and posher interior. obviously

Interior is black, velour seats are in decent condition. Front parcel shelf has been modified to take speakers and looks pretty good.
Engine starts and runs well, twin carb setup. The exhaust needs to be removed and fitted properly. Autobox needs to have a drain and refill of fresh fluid.

The car needs bodywork sorting. The lower front valance is toast and the top of the T panel on the O/S needs work too.

The doors are pretty much okay and only minor rectification is needed there. Wings are good too. Inner wings and suspension turrets all look bloody solid. The boot floor needs repairing, the jacking points/sills will need work. Also both front foot wells feel a bit 'thin'. Boot lid will need tidying up and there are other bits and bobs on the bodywork. Bonnet is good as is the roof panel. All of the relevant panels are obviously available via Alun and will make the sorting of the car much less fraught.

The car is shod with decent tyres and is fitted with Sprint alloys which once given a wipe over are nice. They don't lose air either. Brake system is fine.

I have started to strip the front end down. The price will be around the £1500 mark. Although she runs and drives, trailering or transporting would be the best option.

Location is North London and a Turkish lunch or dinner will be included in the deal.

Please feel free to PM me if you are interested.

Thanks

Ken

Post subject: Aye....
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 pm 
TDC Member

You have been quiet on here for what seems like ages Ken :( .
Have you got any other projects on the go? You did a 1300 FWD short ago?

Good luck with the sale.

Ian.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:51 pm 

Hi Ian, yes, I had major surgery a month ago and the run up to that was very draining. Yes, the FWD was on the list but I had to be realistic as to what I can do, same as the HL now really.

I have the LWT still and that will be finally fettled with the money from the HL and then put into use :)

Hope you are okay?

Ken

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:24 pm 
TDC Member

Hi Ken,
Sorry to hear you have been ill and I hope that things are improving now. I am pleased to see that you still have the LWT, as I always enjoyed reading your updates on work on your cars.
The HL looks lovely. I would be very tempted, but I have too many cars and not enough time and it is the wrong end of the country. I have always thought that an automatic would be fun and I love the colour.