I had it on eBay and it did not reach its reserve. It reached £2,500 but I was looking for a bit more than that. So if interested, best offer over £2,500 will secure.
If anyone needs extra info message me here or txt me on 07553 341 823.
My email is: keith(at)mottram(dot)org
I have owned this Sprint for 30 years and for the majority of that time it has been in my garage!
This Sprint could well be the best opportunity available in the UK if you are after a low mileage sprint to restore. It has only had a few owners. However, I can not say exactly how many because I am still trying to find the old style V5. I do have it somewhere! It is not on the current DVLA database, but that is not an issue as it is easy to sort out. I think it might be 2 or 3 previous owners, but I will clarify that when I find the V5.
I took it off the road around 29 to 30 years ago to repair the sill......... and it ended up being a full blown restoration!
I need to sell it as we are having an extension that will take up part of the garage. It will have to move out of the garage in a few days, but I will cover it with a car cover.
Bar the replacement panels and new metal, as far as I am aware, it is in its original paint. I bought it when it was around 9 years old and it had not had any repair work to the body. It obviously needs a full re-paint now!!! I have done the metalwork and welding etc to a very high standard. This work was all done years back, but my repairs have stood the test of time well.
Front inner panel, headlight support panels, metal eyebrows, full front steel valance Front end is all steel, no fibreglass anywhere. I believe that steel front panels and wings are like those hens teeth!
OS steel wing, this was an excellent one that I took of another car.
OS full new BL sill, this was possibly the last in the UK when I bought it, was spot welded on using 3M seam sealer.
OS New full Inner diaphragm strengthener also fitted
NS sill repaired behind front wing. Rest of sill bar rear jacking point is still good.
Chassis painstakingly repaired where the front subframe locates, correctly done, new tubes etc.
Chassis also repaired under the front floors by gearbox tunnel where they usually rot out.
Small repairs to floor pans were also done ISTR
Repairs were done to bulkhead behind dash where they usually rot, still as good today as when I repaired it.
Under body floor etc, de-rusted and Waxoyled.
There will be other body repairs done that I have forgotten, but from the front end back to approx the back end of the sills, it has been 'sorted'
In terms of the rest of the shell, the repairs needed are as follows:
OS wing: bottom area below bumper
NS wing: as above plus top section where it meets the boot. This is probably the worst area left on the car.
Rear arches: not too bad, lower sections only need welding attention
Rear Valance holed along bottom edge, these are quite cheap from Rimmer Brothers I believe.
NS sill: needs rear jacking point sorting.
I can't stress enough how good the rest of the shell is, part of me wants to keep it and finish it off, but sadly, it DOES have to go!
Besides the welding work needed to finish the shell, you would then have to sort out the bolt on bits. I would have tried to source 4 doors, but the existing ones could be sorted I guess. The white drivers door in the photos is now worse it seems than the brown one I took off. Fortunately, I still have the original brown door! I have an excellent Russet boot that will come with the car, the one that is currently on is poor. I think I scrapped the bonnet so you would have to source one of those.
I drove it into the garage 30 years ago and it was running well, however......... I have not turned the engine for a LONG time, so budget on a full rebuild here! Same with the braking system. Bushes etc will probably need to replaced as well.
The Brown interior seems OK, but I need to give it a good vacuuming, so will update when done.
Vinyl roof would probably need replacing. Interior has yet to be checked out carefully.
The tyres were rotten, so I have just had some 'temporary' ones fitted in order to get it rolling. They hold air and do the job, but are the wrong width (155) and will need to be replaced with the correct spec (175) eventually.