The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:42 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Triumph Toledo 1976
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:16 pm 
TDC Member

Triumph Toledo 4 door first reg. In March 1976. This was the month Toledo production ceased and Dolomite 1300 took over. Therefore my car is very close to the end of production. What really makes my car stand out is the mileage, a genuine 7660 from new.
The first owner was a lady from the Welsh borders who put 5500 miles on the clock before the car went off the road for 20 years. The next keeper was unable to finish putting the car back on the road due to illness. I put it back on the road in April 2013 and am the third recorded keeper. I have done about 2100 miles. Since the previous MOT I only did 100 miles, sadly not enough to warrant keeping it; but a wonderful chance for the next owner.
The original exhaust has just given up, a record for 42 years for a BL exhaust? It now has a stainless steel exhaust from TDC and had the oil and filter changed.
It had a quality respray in 2015 which looks great, the engine bay and bonnet underside were not resprayed. At the same time the underside had a good underseal.
The tyres are as new and rims have been powder coated.
The car starts readily and runs as you would expect with such a low mileage.
I have kept the car on my drive in an outdoor carcoon, which has maintained it in great condition.
This will go with the car if wanted,.
I have a good selection of documentation including bill of sale, documentation for work done, handbooks, manuals, etc.
I am asking £6000 for it which is a very high price; but Toledos have been advertised at higher prices, but none with a lower mileage than mine.
I live in South Birmingham and the car will be available to view at any time, within reason. My phone number is 07786697887.
If it is not sold on this site it will be offered more widely.