The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:16 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:59 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

I am very sad to be having to do this but I have to move this car on to someone who can give it some love, it’s as simple as that! It deserves to be loved...

I am selling my very late Triumph Toledo, being registered in 1976 and being on a ‘P’ plate it is one of the last.

The body colour is the lovely hue of Carmine and the interior is in complimentary (it’s always saying nice things!!!) chestnut.

It has many Sprint bits like a Sprint steering wheel, Sprint chin spoiler and Sprint alloys (set of 5).

The seating in the interior is from a Sprint or HL.

It had a brand new stainless steel TDC exhaust fitted and it hasn’t been used much since that was put on.

The car was last used on Sunday the 16th August 2015 when it failed to make it back from the Cranleigh Lions classic car show on account of the subframe having given up the ghost!

That was welded up and made good but I still didn’t use the car which is a huge regret!

It has fallen into a state where I can’t get it back to how I’d like it! If I had the skill and the knowledge I’d be fine but I don’t.

It failed an MOT in 2016 as it needs the front suspension re-bushing and needs some welding to the back of the sills. There was an advisory on the floor needing a little bit of welding!

I know that this car would classify for MOT exemption but I think this needs an MOT (when the work needed is completed) to ensure all is as it should be... This 'no MOT' thing does worry me just a bit!

At the moment the car doesn’t run as I think it needs a new battery. When it was running it was a right little buzz box of fun!

There is a lovely car waiting to be re-born here. It’s very low mileage (approx’ 70k) and it’s got a massive pile of paperwork with it including all the original handbooks etc...

I am looking for around £700 but I am open to offers.

I will add some pictures of it in its current state very soon.

Please message me if you have any questions.

The car is near Chertsey, Surrey.

I am just advertising the car here for now but will advertise it more widely in a week or two, I’d love it to go to a good home!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:21 pm 

Anybody fancy this gem?!

Current photos will be posted soon but here is how it looked a few years back...

Last edited by grifterkid on Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:57 pm 

Anybody?!

This will make a lovely motor...!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:18 pm 
TDC Member

Doesn't seem too bad a price to me. This is pretty much what I was looking for at the beginning of the year. Unfortunately, despite me not wanting a welding project, I ended up buying a rather dilapidated Austin 1100 2dr that has required heaps of new metal and welding! :lol:
(Project thread here if you're interested.)

I don't have any storage (spare) either to stash it away as my next project either. :(

I think the problem you maybe having is that you're end of season when you first put it on. Certainly now too close to Christmas as people focus on that. Also would be helpful to see more pictures of it now and the repairs it's had.

When you get into early Spring, I imagine you won't have any troubles shifting this! Good luck with the sale.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:00 am 

Quote:
When you get into early Spring, I imagine you won't have any troubles shifting this! Good luck with the sale.
Well let's hope that once spring has sprung this car will find a good home...

In the meantime if anyone wants to make me an offer I will be all ears!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:09 pm 

PM sent

1972 Triumph 1500 FWD