Here for sale is my lovely ‘Dolly’ (1500HL) with Overdrive, and it is which much regret I must now look to pass her on. She is a sound example of the HL, driven regulaly and is low maintenance to run, I've been all over the car and can't see any obvious signs of it ever having been welded, in fact it is a very solid car.
Bodywork is excellent, however there are a few very minor marks BUT no major rust. The Sprint tyres were fitted by a previous owner and current mileage is 92,800(Original). She is MOT'd until August 2019, with no advisories, and was Experian checked in September 2016.
Extensively re-commissioned over 2015/2016 including:-
* Completely replaced clutch system including:- Master cylinder, Slave cylinder, Clutch fork, Release bearing, Pressure plate, Clutch plate, Silicone fluid
* New front brake callipers, Discs & Pads - New rear brake shoes & drums - silicone fluid
* Rebuilt J-type overdrive, new unidirectional clutch, rebuilt overdrive loom
* Fully refurbished original ‘sprint’ alloy wheels with new Nexen 185r65/13 radial tyres.
* Electronic ignition, new leads and plugs.
* New Battery in 2016
* Serviced with Millers 20w50 classic oil with new filter.
Additional work completed in 2017
* New rear quarter D Pillar Vinyl panels (Martrim)
* New ignition switch fitted
* Rear seat belts fitted
* Replaced Stereo/Cassette Player
Previous History Information
First registered on 18 November 1980, HRL 71W represents the very last of Triumph’s RWD Saloon cars.
* Dolomite production ended in August 1980.
* One of the very last to come off the Canley production line.
* HRL 71W then spent all its early life in and around Cornwall, finally coming to settle in St Ives in the early 1990s.
* Unique Selling Point - The car was supplied by Mumfords of Truro with the car is still wearing its original dealer number plates!!.
A bit of background info is I believe that it remained in family ownership, until a previous owner, a Mr Andrews, laid the car up in 2008 on the grounds of diminishing health. Prior to this, it had only covered 1019 miles over nine years!. She is believed to have had a full body respray in 1998 (confirmed on Experian report) and the paint work is still very presentable and polishes up to a really good shine, as you can see in the photo's.
The previous owner to me purchased the car from the family owned garage, which had serviced the car for its entire life in St Ives. Following an eventful drive back from Cornwall, he embarked on recommissioning the car and drove HRL 71W across the country, and has driven her as far as Liverpool, Blackpool and Whitby without any concerns whatsoever.
As I have said his is a VERY reluctant sale, however sadly now I've had my fun it's time to concentrate on house improvements!.
Any inspection welcomed - The car is currently stored in a dry garage in Essex - Loads of paperwork available including old MOT certificates, service records and memorabilia etc etc!
I want her to go to a good home and for someone to continue to have as much fun as I have had.
If seriously interested I am looking for £4250.00 (ovno).
Please contact Richard on 07701 288117
Dolly.zip [1.67 MiB]
Downloaded 44 times