The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:14 pm 
This show has been going since the '70s when it was a ploughing match with a stock auction attached.
More and more of the locals started bring older tractors and farm vehicles to display and it's sort of grown from there to a huge show (so big I hadn't enough fuel to get me to the far side for the bike section :( ) with cars, buses, wagons, candy floss and nakedness.
Some pics (all fully clothed):
HERE
Just a few here as I don't want to clog the forum with embedded images:
I'm sure that the number on that FE estate is very close to that of the saloon formerly owned by TDC forum member and all-round good bloke, one Mister Stejack. DoloWIGHTY, perhaps you could copy these to PopClass for his benefit please?
Now then; who remembers this one?
Yes, it's the same Toledo that was shown - in other pics on this forum - in a scrapyard some time ago. It's not that rough actually.
(Rob (Boy Biffa), see the back window of that in one of your dealership sticker threads).
And here's a rarity, one of a claimed 22, built at Park Lane, having been shipped down there as saloons for conversion:
I hadn't heard of these so at first assumed that it was a Herald shell with the bonnet added for effect but the proud owner had evidence and everything! :D
Last separate one from the set:
Yep, a genuine Grey & Gold Fergie, apparently something of an object of desire among tractor folk.