The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 1719 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:01 pm 
Maybe at a later point. I have enough to focus on at the moment :lol:

Just wondering. I noticed from the piccies that the old dizzy and the new one are in slightly different positions. make a difference? Excuse my ignorance.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:13 pm 
Doesn't matter if the timing is still correct, that's all it's there for!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 pm 
Cheers Dan, I made sure everything was lined up with No 1 spark plug, etc when I removed the old one.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:08 pm 
Just waiting for a new petrol pump as I failed in my attempt to make one better one out of two used pumps. Hopefully Saturday will be the day for getting all of this sorted (finally).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:50 pm 
New pump arrived. Fitted the tow bar that I had lying around. Fits a treat!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:23 pm 
I know how you lot like piccies!

No towbar

Not a very good piccie but TOWBAR!

More towbar!

I will clean it up and give it a lick of paint, all of the bracket/towbar/electric will be replaced with new stuff that I have lying around. I just have to drill a hole or two underneath and the job is a good'un.

I haz towbar!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:46 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Looking Good Ken

Have you been out for an Italian?

I have got zee interiorrrr outz forz you :D

All the best

Darren

Pm on it's way :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:51 am 
nice one ken, very useful items those tow bars.

good pics. :D

stu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:42 pm 
Still here!

I have fitted the M8 bolts and am happier that they are showing more thread. Just got to drill a hole through the boot floor to secure the support bar.

Thanks to everyone who has been helping me to sort out bits for the interior. I have started to spray paint the handles just to see how it all turns out. First impressions are pretty good to be honest. I am going with a mid grey to match the two Rover 1/2 leather seats that I was going to fit to the Bedford, however a change of plans mean that they would just sit in the loft and fitting them in the Tolly would be an interesting exercise. I got hold of the seats from a 1300 FWD kindly provided by Darren and will fit the rear seats from that. Mat's door cards will be cleaned to rid them of any cleaning material residue and they too will be painted. Maybe later in the year if funds allow, I will buy a new carpet set from Coverdale but in a slate grey.

Just depends on how much my new project sucks up the funds. Ooops!

Piccies soon.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:25 pm 
Here you go:

The product is called ReColor and is made by Grison. given that this is just a light couple of coats I am quite impressed. It's not too glossy either. Nice.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:16 am 
Tried to start her the other day but she would not have it. I think a tweak of the new dizzy will sort that out. have sprayed a door card with good results, just need a bit of warm weather to do the rest.

Sunday will see her running and moved out of the garage as the space will be taken up by a ....................

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:31 am 

Quote:
Tried to start her the other day but she would not have it. I think a tweak of the new dizzy will sort that out. have sprayed a door card with good results, just need a bit of warm weather to do the rest.

Sunday will see her running and moved out of the garage as the space will be taken up by a ....................

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:21 pm 
Here's a piccy of one of the door trims that has had 2 very light coats of vinyl spray. The recesses need another coat as does the top edge.

So does no-one have any interest as to what the new toy is? Shame on you all.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:29 pm 
Daf? Lada? Skoda? Reliant? Tata? Kia? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:43 pm 
Nice try Richard but this is very different indeed, not a Bedford unfortunately as Rita said no.

This one is British built by the way and cost the enormous sum of £390. It has 2 doors less than the Toledo.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 1719 Next