The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 811 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 3155 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:58 am 
TDC Member

Collected these on Saturday, good colour match! Just need fab some brackets and fit them now...

Will wrap up the originals and store them safely in the loft.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:29 am 
TDC Member

Hmmmmmm... tempting!

http://www.paddockspares.com/waeco-msh- ... -pair.html

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:53 am 
Future Club member hopefully!

Very tempting, and only 90w max draw 8)

Let me know if you find a slim massaging version :D

On the motorway no one can hear me sing!
Construed as a public service, self preservation in reality.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:44 pm 

James, what car are those seats from? I've considered a seat swap in the past as the driver's seat on mine has got a split diaphragm.

West Yorkshire Area Organiser & forum moderator
Meetings take place on the first Wednesday of the month at 8.00pm at The Old Brickworks, Wakefield Road, Drighlington, Bradford, BD11 1EA

1972 Dolomite 1850 auto (NYE 751L - Now for sale)
2003 Volvo XC90 D5 SE (PX53 OVZ - The daily driver)
2009 Mercedes-Benz W204 C200 CDI Sport (BJ58 NCV - The 2nd car)
1991 Toyota Celica GT (J481 ONB - another project car)
Former stable of SAY 414M (1974 Toledo), GRH 244D (1966 1300fwd), CDB 324L (1973 1500fwd), GGN 573J (1971 1500fwd), DCP 625S (1977 Dolomite 1300) & LCG 367N (1975 Dolomite Sprint) plus 5 Acclaims and that's just the Triumphs!

Check my blog at http://triumphtoledo.blogspot.com
My YouTube Channel with a bit of Dolomite content.

"There is only one way to avoid criticsm: Do nothing, say nothing and BE nothing." Aristotle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:00 pm 
TDC Member

MGF Dave, sooo comfy!

They fit perfectly, well they are actually a bit low when mounted on the floor. The front definitely needs raising to support your legs.

Plenty out there on E of the Bay, plus leather if you want to sploosh out! I paid £40 for the pair.

I'll get some plates and box section and try to get them fitted on Sunday, will write up how to do it as well.

I'm formulating a plan so cunning that you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel. I recon its a case cut off the mounts from the MGF seats, 2 lengths of box section to raise them bolted to the existing dolly seat mounts. Four plates welded to them then bolted to the MGF seat runners with countersunk set screws, need to check clearance but I may be able to use bolts. I should then be able to tailor the height with shims.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:11 pm 
TDC Member

Quote:
Yes, here you go!

http://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/multiple- ... onfig.html

They do various different connector blocks, I'm going to ditch the bullet connectors at the front end and replace them with some proper connector units.
I bought a T connector plug for my fan, only to find that the pins inside the fan connector socket are offset from centre and my plug was not.

See you have Lucas Wind tone style horns fitted, not the Lucas 9H original types, do they sound better? Was pondering making my horns sound less parp and a little more classy!

Past fleet: Triumph 2000, Lancia Beta Coupe, BL Mini Clubman, Austin Metro, Vauxhall Cavalier MK1 & MK2, Renault 18 D, Rover 216 GSI, Honda Accord (most expensive car purchase, hated, made out of magnetic metal as only car I've ever been crashed into...4 times), BMW 318, Golf GTi MK3 16v x 3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:10 pm 
TDC Member

Quote:
I bought a T connector plug for my fan, only to find that the pins inside the fan connector socket are offset from centre and my plug was not.

Yeah, I bought both ends and the terminals just in case that happened.
Quote:
See you have Lucas Wind tone style horns fitted, not the Lucas 9H original types,
One of the original Lucas 9H's had failed and it was simply because they were the ones I had in my parts bin, they sound good, a nice assertive classy beeeeeep! I'll keep the 9H's on DTR though.

I was looking at some high powered Hella Supertones, they are something like 120dB!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:08 pm 
TDC Member

That was one of those hurried lunchtime posts that now makes me wonder when I started wearing an anorak! Oh man, it will be adenoids next, and going to bed with a clipboard and cup of cocoa...

I've only had the high one working for a couple of years, but when the horn stuck on embarrassingly the other weekend I thought I should fix the lot. Resurrecting some long filed away memory on how to adjust them, I got the low one working again. Fixed the horn press by putting the white nylon bit back into the end, it was quite tight so no idea how that wiggled loose. Triumphantly pressed the horn button expecting to sound like I was ready to leave port, and the tone had not really changed from "awww bless, isn't it cute!" sound I had before. So to deal with my obvious psychological inadequacies I thought I'd try a low note Windtone with the normal 9H high and see if that helps...

Past fleet: Triumph 2000, Lancia Beta Coupe, BL Mini Clubman, Austin Metro, Vauxhall Cavalier MK1 & MK2, Renault 18 D, Rover 216 GSI, Honda Accord (most expensive car purchase, hated, made out of magnetic metal as only car I've ever been crashed into...4 times), BMW 318, Golf GTi MK3 16v x 3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:16 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Quote:
James, what car are those seats from? I've considered a seat swap in the past as the driver's seat on mine has got a split diaphragm.
You are aware the Club has had diaphragms remanufactured, aren't you?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:18 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Quote:
MGF Dave, sooo comfy!

They fit perfectly, well they are actually a bit low when mounted on the floor. The front definitely needs raising to support your legs.

Plenty out there on E of the Bay, plus leather if you want to sploosh out! I paid £40 for the pair.

I'll get some plates and box section and try to get them fitted on Sunday, will write up how to do it as well.

I'm formulating a plan so cunning that you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel. I recon its a case cut off the mounts from the MGF seats, 2 lengths of box section to raise them bolted to the existing dolly seat mounts. Four plates welded to them then bolted to the MGF seat runners with countersunk set screws, need to check clearance but I may be able to use bolts. I should then be able to tailor the height with shims.
Spare dolomite runners available here...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:39 pm 
TDC Member

James

The seats look nice,be nice to see how you go about fitting them,im hoping to fit some saab seats to mine,i take it your not going to use the seat belt buckles on the seats

Dave

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:48 am 
TDC Staffs Area Organiser

Nice looking chairs there

1961 Chevrolet Corvair Greenbrier Sportswagon
1980 Dolomite Sprint project using brand new shell
2009 Mazda MX5 2.0 Sport
2018 Infiniti Q30

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:17 am 
TDC Member

Quote:
Spare dolomite runners available here...
Thanks Alun, I have some spare runners. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:57 am 
TDC Member

You can't remove the runners from the MGF seat as they are integral to the frame, the fore aft mechanism is quite good and has plenty of scope to mount to anyway so what I am thinking is creating something like this...

It's a Sparco universal seat mount and retails for £80. I think I can make one for a lot less!

I have checked the measurements and there is plenty of space, the MGF seats almost seem to be an absolutely perfect fit!

It will allow me to adjust the seat angle as well as the height so should work quite well. The idea is to make it a 'bolt in' mod, so that anyone who doesn't have access to a welder can make it themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:27 pm 
TDC Member

Quote:
You can't remove the runners from the MGF seat as they are integral to the frame, the fore aft mechanism is quite good and has plenty of scope to mount to anyway so what I am thinking is creating something like this...

It's a Sparco universal seat mount and retails for £80. I think I can make one for a lot less!

I have checked the measurements and there is plenty of space, the MGF seats almost seem to be an absolutely perfect fit!

It will allow me to adjust the seat angle as well as the height so should work quite well. The idea is to make it a 'bolt in' mod, so that anyone who doesn't have access to a welder can make it themselves.
James

What are the original mgf runners like for fit to long or to narrow,could you get one side lined up ?
Dave

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 811 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 3155 Next