The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Triumph Dolomite Club International Rally 2017

When is it?: Sunday 3rd September, 10am – 5pm

Where is it at?: Hatton Country World, Dark Lane, Hatton, Warwick, Warwickshire, CV35 8XA. Just 5 minutes from J15 of the M40.10 miles from J5 of the M42,18 miles from the M69 (Coventry).From the M40 exit at Junction 15 and proceed on the A46 sign-posted Coventry. Take the first slip road exit signed A4177 to Solihull. At the roundabout bear left onto the A4177 following the brown tourist signs to Hatton Country World. After 2.5 miles turn left just after The Hatton Arms Public House onto the B4439. As you arrive at the crossroads turn left into Dark Lane. Follow the lane and Hatton Country World is 1 mile on the left.

How much is it to get in?: it’s FREE! Members or non-members and their families are very welcome to attend. Traders, autojumblers and members of other clubs are also invited, there’s no charge at all.

So what’s it all about then?: It’s our annual get together, guaranteed to be the largest gathering of Dolomites, Toledos and FWD cars in the world! It’s our usual mix of informal concours, autojumble and regalia sales. Hatton Country World is a great place to visit for people of all ages, whether they’re classic car fans or not. There’s craft and gift shops, activities for kids, places to eat – see www.hattonworld.com for full details. A truly great day out for ALL the family – don’t miss it!

More info: telephone Triumph Dolomite Club 0203 195 3945 or email info@triumphdolomiteclub.com or visit www.triumphdolomiteclub.com

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just a few weeks to go until our main event of the year. Remember there is no pre-booking required, no admission charge, non-members and Club members are all welcome and you can turn up or leave at any time during the day. There is no requirement to turn up in a Triumph, the emphasis is very much on this being a social event. It's terrific venue for families, so don't think that all you'll see there will be just rows of cars, there's so much more to it than that.

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:37 pm 
Newly registered to this Forum...

I'm anticipating being at the event on Sunday, armed with camera and notepad. By way of introduction, I've been commissioned by a major publishing house to write a new book on the Dolomite family for publication next year in the same format as a book I wrote last year on the Triumph 2000 range. I have "form", they tell me, as I've also done a book on TRs and a history of Triumph & Standard cars that will be published in April next year. And I've edited "TR Action" (TR Register) and "SIXappeal" (2000 / 2500 Register) and have been a contributor to Practical Classics and several other news stand magazines.

So, I'm looking out for good examples of all models to photograph and feature in the book and hope to meet up with you on Sunday.

I've owned a TR6, Triumph 2000 and my favourite all all Triumphs, a front wheel drive 1300 that I bought in 1975 at the age of 18.

Kevin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:52 pm 
TDC Member

Good event yesterday in spite of the slight drizzle. Thanks to Andy and Co for organising the Event. Wife enjoyed the on-site shopping ... and so did I on the field :-)
Great coffee served in the little cafe.
My personal choice of Car of the Day was NEG the Mallard 1850 with the beautifully crafted exhaust manifold. It is a work of art. And 2nd choice would be the excellent blue Sprint all the way from France.
And congratulations to Alun on his award for recognition for services to the Club.
Same again next year ?
Thanks All,
Tony.

Attachments:
NFE and French car.JPG
NFE and French car.JPG [ 105.8 KiB | Viewed 2126 times ]
NEG321M.JPG
NEG321M.JPG [ 69.78 KiB | Viewed 2126 times ]
Alun present2.JPG
Alun present2.JPG [ 69.91 KiB | Viewed 2126 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:19 pm 
TDC Member

Firstly, thank you to everyone that turned up, I believe 51 cars made the trip, ranging from 1300's to Sprints, and everything in between.

I apologise for only being there for a couple of hours, and as a passenger in a Fiat, but despite the weather, there was a very good atmosphere, plus interest from visitors to Hatton itself.

Thanks to Andy, Marsh etc for the organisation, of what appeared to be a very successful day!

1965 Triumph 2000 black and rust
1967 BSA B40wd green
2018 Jaguar E pace 2018
NOBODY expects the Canley Inquisition!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:29 pm 
TDC Member

I should think that everyone who came enjoyed the event. Despite the weather the time went very quickly and I would like to thank the various people who were involved in organizing the event.

I am now already looking forward to next years TDCIR.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:59 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Hear hear, Richard! It was indeed a joy to see so many old friends and some new ones too; thanks to all who made it happen.

We can blame the weather to some extent, but the decline in attendance continues. A lot of folk, before the event, gave other commitments as reason for not coming, as if the first (or second) weekend in September isn't etched into their subconscious diary, and the announcement of date was a surprise to them. I suggest we get the date, if not the venue also for the 2018 event announced as early as possible; one contributor on the facebook page stated they would have attended had they known about it, despite it having been advertised on the page since its inception!

Another photograph in which I look more like my Father than I look like myself!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:11 am 
TDC Member

Many congratulations Alun on the award, well deserved. I'm convinced that many cars would not be on the road or at least making their way to it (in my case) without your hard work and dedication to the club and the cars.

It was a great turn out of varied models despite the weather, well worth my 270 odd mile round trip, to speak to enthusiastic and knowledgeable people.

And a hearty Well Done to all the organisers for putting on the event.

75 Sprint in Magenta called GunGaDiN GGD944N
2017 Jaguar XE R-sport

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:45 am 
TDC Member

I would like to add my thanks to all those who made the effort to come to Hatton, with or without Dolomite shaped cars.

The conditions varied from less-than-ideal to thoroughly unpleasant but for those who made the trip it was a most enjoyable day. I wasn't the only person taking advantage of the Edinburgh Woollen Mill outlet on site and buying a jumper! The TDC location inside Hatton this time was streets ahead of the last time we were at that venue so well done to Andy and everyone else who helped out.

My apologies for attending in a modern - as you know PYD left my tenure last week, and I was going to bring the Austin but it transpired that the insurance had expired.......

I was glad of the Ford on the way home though, as I endured torrential rain and hideous traffic in equal measure and took nearly five hours to get back.

It was great to see such a variety of cars, including some truly lovely restorations, and it was nice to arrive with the Oxford convoy just like the old days. Well done to James for getting RUK there (it was good to see in the flesh) and to Bruce for simply being upright. It was my pleasure to present Alun Nicolas with the Chairmans Award as recognition for his continuing unstinting efforts to keep our cars alive and on the road. In another vintage year he has added more new panels, and things like seat diaphragms to the ever increasing range of parts he has had remanufactured. Well done Alun, and thank you again.

Like Tony, I loved the mallard 1850 (and its sister carmine 1300 - what a finish!). My favourite car personally was the delightful little grey 1300FWD.

I had a lovely day catching up with old friends and thoroughly look forward to next time.

2021 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE PHEV
2021 Dacia Duster 1.3 TCe
1963 Austin A40 Rally Car
2021 Honda Cross Tourer Highlander