The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:04 pm 
TDC Member

Shameless plug for my Tiger Avon (Lotus 7 clone) chassis on ebay... http://r.ebay.com/C7Et6m

Has to go, need space for more Dolomites!

Past fleet: Triumph 2000, Lancia Beta Coupe, BL Mini Clubman, Austin Metro, Vauxhall Cavalier MK1 & MK2, Renault 18 D, Rover 216 GSI, Honda Accord (most expensive car purchase, hated, made out of magnetic metal as only car I've ever been crashed into...4 times), BMW 318, Golf GTi MK3 16v x 3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:48 pm 
TDC Member

Psst, anyone want a cheap set of Obp floor mounted pedals worth £250? Or a load of sheet aluminium? Comes with a free chassis!

Yes I know I'm pushing my wares shamelessly, but £1,800 of value at the factory gates in total and it's only going for £103 at the moment, I'd probably get more if I weighed it in. The money is going on a good cause, it's supposed to be providing the funds for getting the 1850 auto back on the road, as well as giving it a home!

(Going to cross post on FB for the lols)

Past fleet: Triumph 2000, Lancia Beta Coupe, BL Mini Clubman, Austin Metro, Vauxhall Cavalier MK1 & MK2, Renault 18 D, Rover 216 GSI, Honda Accord (most expensive car purchase, hated, made out of magnetic metal as only car I've ever been crashed into...4 times), BMW 318, Golf GTi MK3 16v x 3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:02 am 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

That was a bargain for someone!
I built my special 4 years ago and I paid £1300 for the rolling chassis including the turbo charged Mazda MX5 engine and box.
I am just fitting some nice new wings to it at the moment and looking forward to some weather improvement so as I can drive it.
The first time I drove it was for its IVA test 20 miles away in Southampton in April and it was 0 deg in a car that has no screen or weather protection! Nerve wracking but fun, however it did not pass until its second test due mainly to emissions (it had to pass a CAT1). It did but would not now :wink:

The lunatic is out................heres Jonny!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:30 pm 
TDC Member

I bet, had a go in a track prepped Tiger 6 in February with no screen and nearly lost a contact lens due to wind and eye watering, let alone frozen hands, wished I'd worn my motorcycle lid and gloves! I guess no screen for the IVA so you didn't need to a have to meet all the additional regs?

It sold for £260 in the end, not as much as I had hoped for considering it was all brand new and cost me over 7 times as much but it was build it or sell it, and without a garage a build was not a prospect anymore. Admit I was initially attracted by the low price for a new quick car originally but by the time the cost of the IVA, and not just the £450 but all the stuff you need to meet it, started to look out of my budget anyway. Went to a seemingly nice lad who sounded really keen to build it and knew a fair bit about kit cars, so if it helps someone else to fulfill a dream, all is well in the world, I even bunged him the build book for free, after all I just got an 1850 for free so just passing it on!