The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:43 am 
Future Club member hopefully!

Up until a couple of years ago there was a chap from South Australia, named Stu, who used to frequent this forum. His username was Straylight. He owned at least one Sprint and was known for his research into the numbers of Dolomites remaining in Australia. He was building a register. Since my recent return to the forum I've missed his presence here and wonder if anyone knows what happened to him. If I remember correctly he was/is a school teacher.
Where are you Stu?
Cheers,
Rob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:29 am 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Last activity was 18 months ago; there’s a link to an email address here:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=398

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:09 am 

A few weeks back I did PM or email him, but had no reply.

I used Dr. Google to do some interweb research this afternoon and found that he bought a Stag on eBay in about 2014-15. I found that he also posted quite often on the Triumph Owners forum up until about mid 2015. There is absolutely nothing, anywhere, after that.

I enjoyed his posts and I do hope that, if he's able to, he returns to this forum.

Rob

Last edited by Sundowner on Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Hmmm.......
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:57 am 
TDC Member

A while ago I wondered where Stu had gone,
I am pretty sure that he now posts on Facebook in the now closed Dolomite group,
that being the group where you are not permitted to mention the TDC.

Alas I cannot access this group.
(I did apply to join and was accepted, the first time I was allowed access but the
next time access was denied :? , I have not bothered to try again.)

Ian.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:28 pm 

Thanks for that Ian,
I took up on your lead, had a search of the group and did find that he is a member of the Facebook Dolomite Group.......However, he's been inactive on it for at least a year......as far as I can see.
Rob

EDIT; I've managed to track him down (via Facebook) and have been in touch. So, double thanks, Ian.
Rob

EDIT #2; I just received this from Stu..... Thanks rob, I didn't leave or abandon the forum, I am still a member, but with the sprint completed and a few things going on I just fell out of the habit of posting.
Rob

Post subject: Re: Hmmm.......
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:30 am 

Quote:
I am pretty sure that he now posts on Facebook in the now closed Dolomite group,

(I did apply to join and was accepted, the first time I was allowed access but the

Ian.

Ian with all respect if you are not on that page how can you say that you're not allowed to mention the TDC I'm on that page and often direct people towards this forum or the TDC for advice and parts.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:57 am 

Things happened in a not so decent way and then we started the official tdc dolomite group to have a better place to be.

Jeroen.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:26 pm 

Quote:
Things happened in a not so decent way and then we started the official tdc dolomite group to have a better place to be.

Jeroen.

I'm well aware that a few people threw their toys out of their prams but as it stands you are allowed to mention and even recommend the TDC on the Dolomite Group page and it really doesn't help the Dolomiting community when people start telling lies and start the 'our page is better than yours' mentality. At the end day all the groups, pages and forum are there for one reason, because we enjoy owning Dolomites and talking about them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:33 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

I think the key words there Justyn are 'as it stands'. At a point historically, it is an undeniable fact that one of the moderators of that site would remove any post promoting the TDC; if he has subsequently humbled himself to stop doing so, then bully for him, but his actions lost the continuing contribution of many.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:01 pm 

Quote:
I think the key words there Justyn are 'as it stands'. At a point historically, it is an undeniable fact that one of the moderators of that site would remove any post promoting the TDC; if he has subsequently humbled himself to stop doing so, then bully for him, but his actions lost the continuing contribution of many.

That is true Alun but at least in my mind 'not permitted to mention the TDC' isn't the same as 'promoting the TDC parts sales'

Post subject: Yes....
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:38 pm 
TDC Member

Quote:
Quote:

Ian.

Ian with all respect if you are not on that page how can you say that you're not allowed to mention the TDC I'm on that page and often direct people towards this forum or the TDC for advice and parts.
Sorry Justyn, I meant to type TDC Spares.

Thanks,

Ian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:46 am 

No worries Ian, has the rack got to you yet?