The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:21 pm 
TDC Cheshire Area Organiser

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oi!
I'm Scottish not Northern :lol:
Anyone north of the M4 is Northern to me! Don't go across the bridge to the west either, that's where dragons live! :lol:
Yep there's plenty of Dragons over here......obviously not enough though because I 'imported' my wife from Opp Norf in Manchester and she also turned out to be a dragon :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am surprised you can call yourself from anywhere Steve?? Should be "no fixed abode" with that massive RV of yours 8) 8) 8)
Cheers mate,
Tony.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:34 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Anyone north of the M4 is Northern to me! Don't go across the bridge to the west either, that's where dragons live! :lol:
Yep there's plenty of Dragons over here......obviously not enough though because I 'imported' my wife from Opp Norf in Manchester and she also turned out to be a dragon :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am surprised you can call yourself from anywhere Steve?? Should be "no fixed abode" with that massive RV of yours 8) 8) 8)
Cheers mate,
Tony.
:lol: :lol: :bluewave: given time that is how I intend it to be, as soon as finances allow work will be cut to a bare minimum to allow us to travel as near to full time as we choose and just work enough to keep me active and in pocket money ........ There's a lot more to this life than work work work but sadly we have to work work work to be able to play play play :wink:
The other plan is to be able to get the Sprint into shape and have it as a tow car behind the RV either on the A frame or trailer which ever suits where we're traveling to 8)
How are you Tony all well and good I hope!! Have you made it back to Sleap lately for breakfast??

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:21 pm 
TDC Member

Hi Steve, Have you got a plan for the restoration of your Magenta? Any idea when you might start it?

Cheers
Keith

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:40 am 

Hi Steve, no we havnt been back this year but do intend to soon. It was a good day out for us, especially with the entertainment provided by that TVR :lol: :lol:
I will let you know when we are going there or near you :D Some of the guy's are doing the Four walled towns run, which is getting pretty close to you at the end of September.
Talking of the welsh..... Have you seen that welsh guy with the parrot recently? Hope to catch up with you soon.

Cheers,
Tony.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:08 pm 

Quote:
Hi Steve, Have you got a plan for the restoration of your Magenta? Any idea when you might start it?

Cheers
Keith
Hi Keith, well being as I ended up having to unexpectedly had to change my storage place last week being as my mate decided to give up the unit, I've now got it stored up at another mates farm.......the sad part is that back in March he lost his fight against the dreaded cancer at just 50 years old leaving wife and 3 kids, the eldest is sadly disabled and 16 but the next one down at 14 is just coming into his own and unlike a lot of kids these days he's keen to actually be outside and using his hand and head not sat in the house at a play-station or what ever they have these days to fry the brain!! I do as much as I can for his wife to help out and for this she has gladly let me keep the car there until I get our house sorted and some garage space back.
The other day when I was up at the farm the 14 yr old came into the shed where the Sprint is now resting and got all excited at the thought of working on it so last night I suggested to his mum that I might start to do a few bits to the car while it's up there and let him help me and teach him while I'm at it, which I know he'll enjoy and he'll also at least be gaining some of the skills that I've no doubt he father would of been teaching him this past summer and over the coming years so I'll not only be getting the car done I'll get huge satisfaction knowing that my mate would be happy for him to be helping me and learning along the way so we all win and I hopefully get my car back into some sort of shape sooner that I expected!

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:15 pm 

Quote:
Hi Steve, no we havnt been back this year but do intend to soon. It was a good day out for us, especially with the entertainment provided by that TVR :lol: :lol:
I will let you know when we are going there or near you :D Some of the guy's are doing the Four walled towns run, which is getting pretty close to you at the end of September.
Talking of the welsh..... Have you seen that welsh guy with the parrot recently? Hope to catch up with you soon.

Cheers,
Tony.
Welsh guy with a parrot? Do you mean the couple that were parked up opposite me with the 6 dogs and I seem to remember a parrot as well? They were living full time in that little RV and actually leaving from Sleap to head straight for Spain with all that lot :shock: :shock: ..........And he was a scouser not Welsh :lol: :lol:

I doubt I'll be able to attend anything this year now between work and rebuilding our house I'm pretty stretched but hopefully if I get an odd night here and there on the car it may be ready to get out and about for Spring next year, would be great to catch up with you all and get out on a run

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:59 am 

Quote:
Quote:

Cheers,
Tony.
Welsh guy with a parrot? Do you mean the couple that were parked up opposite me with the 6 dogs and I seem to remember a parrot as well? They were living full time in that little RV and actually leaving from Sleap to head straight for Spain with all that lot :shock: :shock: ..........And he was a scouser not Welsh :lol: :lol:

I doubt I'll be able to attend anything this year now between work and rebuilding our house I'm pretty stretched but hopefully if I get an odd night here and there on the car it may be ready to get out and about for Spring next year, would be great to catch up with you all and get out on a run

Steve
Hi Steve, You are right, he was a scouser..... I remember being worried that he would nick my wheels :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry to hear about your friend, cancer is a bloody cruel thing to have. Top marks for giving his son a go helping on the sprint, so much much better than an "I Pad".
We will keep you posted for next spring :D
Cheers,
Tony.