The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:48 pm 
A few of us are meeting up at the Harbour pub, foryd Rd. Rhyl, LL185BA, 1pm sunday 31st January for a drink and chat.
All are welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:40 pm 
Sheila will be there (along with Berry the Daf) but what do you mean "no pie"???? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:06 am 
Me and Stejack from this very parish will be attending too :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:33 am 
OH NO! Not Stejack as well!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:58 pm 
:woohoo: :woohoo:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:12 pm 
Hi guys I noticed your post about a meet at the Harbour in Rhyl a few days ago, I was intending to visit , however the snow has come back up in Hawarden today, that means the gritters and salt will be back on the road !!, Given I keep My Sprint gararged to avoid these destructive winter things ..(even though she is not perfect !) , It looks like I won't be able to come and look you guys up in her now ..which is a shame , as I have owned this Sprint for the past 18 months , but rarely if ever get chance to meet up with like folks , as often most of these meets seem very south based or distance shots from north wales .
I hope you will keep all informed of any meets in N.Wales/Liverpool/Manchester Area's in the future when may'be more inclemant weather may prevail !!, as it does get quite lonely in the sticks up here when it comes to meeting other like minded folks .I hope you understand I do not see it serves a real purpose to drive a 36+ year car through salt/n/grit for the best intented "Pint" ..
Obviously if suddenly we have a rain storm in the next 24hrs to clear the "Sh-t" way I will re-evaluate as I say I would love to have mayed it.
Richard
Attachment:
SPRINT-1b.jpg
SPRINT-1b.jpg [ 188.76 KiB | Viewed 1530 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:54 am 
No problem, Richard - I can see why you might want to protect that one from the crud on the road :)

As for North Wales stuff, there's the Anglesey Vintage Machinery annual rally coming up on 15th / 16th May which we got collared for last year with the Dafs (Sheila was waiting for an MOT so couldn't go :( ) There wasn't much in the way of Triumphs last year apart from the various TRs that seem to get everywhere so if the weather's good it'd be nice to see you there!

Some pics from the weekend last year:

http://www.dafmobile.ournet.org.uk/inde ... bum/2.html

If you might be interested I'll post more details for this year once I have them.

Joe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:39 pm 
Quote:
Hi guys I noticed your post about a meet at the Harbour in Rhyl a few days ago, I was intending to visit , however the snow has come back up in Hawarden today, that means the gritters and salt will be back on the road !!, Given I keep My Sprint gararged to avoid these destructive winter things ..(even though she is not perfect !) , It looks like I won't be able to come and look you guys up in her now ..which is a shame , as I have owned this Sprint for the past 18 months , but rarely if ever get chance to meet up with like folks , as often most of these meets seem very south based or distance shots from north wales .
I hope you will keep all informed of any meets in N.Wales/Liverpool/Manchester Area's in the future when may'be more inclemant weather may prevail !!, as it does get quite lonely in the sticks up here when it comes to meeting other like minded folks .I hope you understand I do not see it serves a real purpose to drive a 36+ year car through salt/n/grit for the best intented "Pint" ..
Obviously if suddenly we have a rain storm in the next 24hrs to clear the "Sh-t" way I will re-evaluate as I say I would love to have mayed it.
Richard
Attachment:
SPRINT-1b.jpg

bring your daily instead. I don't even own a Triumph yet and am rocking up in my work's van

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:48 am 
quick warning.

Local roads to the venue may be a bit slippery as there's been a snowfall today. Not major, road blocking amounts though!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:10 am 
No problem - if you get stuck the Daf will pull you out :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:28 pm 
Quote:
No problem - if you get stuck the Daf will pull you out :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi mate,

It's usually me that ends up getting others out when the weather is like this (or worse) so that would make a change!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:02 pm 
Well, it was nice to meet up with Justyn and Sarah again and Phil for the first time. Not much drinking was done (too many car keys involved) but we did manage to put the world to rights on the Scrappage scheme amongst other things :lol:

Sian has barred me from posting the group photo but she can't stop me from posting one of some scraggy wild-life that got stuck to my screen shortly after arrival. Unfortunately I'd run out of washer fluid on the way there so had to scrape it off dry :lol:

As for the salt on the roads - she was clean when we set off, honest! She;s also got a nice new bumper corner for the back couresy of that nice man from the South. Now I'll have to polish the rust spots off the rest of it (and maybe knock the dent out) :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:12 pm 
Quote:
Sian has barred me from posting the group photo
:(

Why's that then? Ste didn't turn up naked and covered in marmalade did he? :shock: :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:55 pm 
Quote:
Quote:
Sian has barred me from posting the group photo
:(

Why's that then? Ste didn't turn up naked and covered in marmalade did he? :shock: :wink:
long story short there john, I got the weekend and me and ste turned up a fortnight early :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Good to meet everyone today, and hope all your drives back went well :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:59 pm 
:| :| :| :| :| :| :|

I'm not laughing Phil. Well maybe a little bit, ok, maybe a bit more than that. Oh well, these things happen.