The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:55 pm 
TDC Member

Hi guys
Hoping to take a drive up from south wales on sunday in my father in laws 1850, and some friends said they might tag along with us.
will they be able to park with us at the show or will they have to park somewhere else because they wont be in triumphs?

thanks Andrew

-Owner of a restored Herald 1200 convertible.
-Currently being "helped" by my son restore his Spitfire MKIV
-In charge of maintaining and fixing Father in-laws Dolomite 1850HL Auto and Herald 13/60 Saloon

South Wales based :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don't think of our event as being a "show" - it's a gathering of like-minded enthusiasts and their families who will come together at a lovely venue for a relaxing day out. There will be no set parking areas, no admission fee, no booking needed and no start or end time. The event is all about people, not cars. Whilst it would be nice to see loads of Triumphs together, of far more importance is to see lots of people attending by whatever mode of transport they choose and having a grand day out. There will be provision for those members arriving on horseback if required.

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:43 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

I'm intending to go Sprint powered, so will be travelling relatively lightly; if anyone is looking to pick up club panels or other items, probably best to let me know prior so I can make sure I take them with me...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:43 am 
TDC Oxfordshire Area Organiser

We do have a set area to park in and I will make sure this is clearly signed on the day.
We will be parked up next to the 'Maize Maze' entrance - which will be open for the last time this summer.

There is ample parking surrounding our area though, so won't be a problem at all. It will be nice to have Dolomites together without any modern vehicles in the mix, however if any visitors come in another classic or interesting vehicle then that will be fine to park with us all.

As said, all very informal and hopefully an enjoyable day for all. There is plenty to see for everyone including the children.

See you on Sunday!

MC

TDC Oxfordshire Area Organiser.
TDC/TSSC group meeting - 3rd Tuesday of the month

1980 1500HL - OPD
1976 Sprint - SWU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:56 pm 
TDC Approved Supplier

Hope everyone attending has a great time. Please do share some photos, we'd love to see.

Call: 01455 639 000
Visit: www.classiclineinsurance.co.uk
Email: client.services@classiclineinsurance.co.uk
Follow: @classiclineuk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:31 pm 
TDC Member

Well done and thank you to Matt and the team for putting on a great show today at Millets Farm.
A really good turn out I thought despite the threatening rain that did hold off all day luckily.
Great to catch up with everyone and thanks to all who voted for my car in the members choice category, I was very surprised to win.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:45 pm 
TDC Member

Thanks to Matt for organising the meet at Millets Abingdon.
As Tony said a great turn out and really good to be back
chatting all things Dolomite.
A well deserved win Tony. It is a great car.
Dave

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:47 pm 
TDC Member

Just got back. Many thanks to Matt and all the other helpers for organising, great venue - wife and the dog enjoyed themselves!

Great to put faces to a few names - nice bunch of friendly people.

First decent long run out in the car - ran faultlessly, 320 mile round trip got over 41MPG (sat nav distance and brim to brim at the same pump so know that's right!) Really surprised as there were a few BMW/Audi humbling drag starts from the lights through Bracknell (M4 -> M3) and fairly high (legal) speeds on the motorways. Even found out the wipers work OK!

Thanks again

Roger

Too many cars, too little time!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:25 am 
TDC Member

We were very lucky with the weather and it was good to meet up with fellow Dolomite owners. I will attempt to add some photographs which show everyone had a good time.