The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:57 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Classic insurance
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:42 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Hi , some of you may remember my sprint catching fire in March of 2022 and my insurance then paying out on the claim, i since have insured my saab 9-3 and have not mentioned the incident but today after trying to re-insure with Swinton they are saying i have a at fault claim against me and the premium will have to go up, any thoughts as i thought the policies were separate and you do not accrue no claims on a classic policy ?

Post subject: Re: Classic insurance
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:23 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Correct, you don't generally accrue no claims on a classic policy, but you do have to inform all insurers of any claim, usually within the last 5 years, whether it relates to that particular policy or not.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:23 pm 
TDC Member

Quote:
Hi , some of you may remember my sprint catching fire in March of 2022 and my insurance then paying out on the claim, i since have insured my saab 9-3 and have not mentioned the incident but today after trying to re-insure with Swinton they are saying i have a at fault claim against me and the premium will have to go up, any thoughts as i thought the policies were separate and you do not accrue no claims on a classic policy ?
As xvivalve posted, Classic Insurance usually doesn't include any NCD accrual, however any claims and convictions need to be declared

However also having a SAAB 9-3 (2000 Viggen Convertible) After a lot of shopping around and research, I got a very good deal via an independent Broker, Stuart Moore at Abbeyfield Insurance http://www.abbeyfieldsinsurance.co.uk/ The policy was tailored to what I wanted and included EU and breakdown cover (though SAABs are reliable....)

Dave

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:50 pm 

Thanks for the replies guys, put the info into confused and its only a extra £10 :D