Rally exhuast

jp1850

Rally exhuast

#1 Post by jp1850 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:50 pm

helo i want to make a 1850 road rally ready what would a rally exhuast do too it compared to a sports exhuast??? <br>
<br>
jonny JP

<p></p><i></i>

Carsreunited

Re: Rally exhuast

#2 Post by Carsreunited » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:04 am

Hi JP. Could you explain a little more what you mean by a rally exhaust? I assue when you say sports exhust you mean the kinda thing you can buy from Rimmers?<br>
<br>
Scott

<p></p><i></i>

SMIFTER

Re: Rally exhuast

#3 Post by SMIFTER » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:16 am

Don't know how I missed this one - lack of booze I think.<br>
<br>
Anyway the most important factor on a rally exhaust is strength as its going to tak some abuse - which means stainless probably isnt the best choice - it tends to be quite brittle and split easily compared to mild steel. Also the silencers need to have skids so when they do hit the dirt it doesnt rip the complete system off.<br>
<br>
A rimmers sports exhaust is certainly not up to rallying. I was never convinced it was even tough enough for road use!

<p><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.smifter1971.pwp.blueyonder.c ... >Smifter's Dolomite Sprint Website</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br>
<br>
Featherweight 1974 Dolomite Sprint - Soon to be XE'd, NOS'd, Megasquirted and 5 linked Lash up to scare myself (and my wallet) senseless<br>
<br>
2004 Smart Roadster (company car!!) - 698cc of turbo'd adrenaline fuelled rollerskate - destined to classic status thanks to Daimler Chrysler bean counters.<br>
<br>
1997 Audi A4 2.6 to chill out after the above and fill with baby products.....<br>
<br>
2005 Trek 1400 (ok its not a car but still fast) - <br>
a bit like Lance Armstrong but slower and fatter</p><i></i>