<br>
Top Hat Groovy Baby<br>
<br>
17th April Castle Combe <br>
30th April & 1st May Donington Park<br>
8th October Mallory Park<br>
<br>
David

<p><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.triumphowners.com/570" target="top">1980 Sprint</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br>
<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.triumphowners.com/569" target="top">1980 1850HL with Sprint gearbox, propshaft and axle</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br>
1972 VW Camper Van</p><i></i>

Carsreunited

Re: Race Dates

#2 Post by Carsreunited » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:29 pm

Thanks David. My hands have been full recently and now my engine is back in I can turn my mind to this years racing.<br>
<br>
I'm registered with the CTCRC this year and have signed up to the Pre 74 series and Pre 83 Group 1 so I have the option of doing 2 or even 4 races per meeting.<br>
<br>
Scott

<p></p><i></i>

KLJ895W

#3 Post by KLJ895W » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:57 pm

Sounds good. I'm hoping to get to silverstone so if you need a hand in the pits with anything I might be up for it. Depends on whether I have the sprogs with me of course but I should be there either way. Of course it's all just an excuse to poke around your car!<br>
<br>
David

<p><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.triumphowners.com/570" target="top">1980 Sprint</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br>
<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.triumphowners.com/569" target="top">1980 1850HL with Sprint gearbox, propshaft and axle</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br>
1972 VW Camper Van</p><i></i>

Carsreunited

#4 Post by Carsreunited » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:46 pm

Absolutely. Hopefully we will have the camping stove with us so come over for a cup of tea/coffee. I will probably have our kids with us ranging from 4 to 8 years old. The favourite game seems to be climbing all over the trailer. Keeps them occupied for hours!<br>
<br>

<p></p><i></i>

Carsreunited

#5 Post by Carsreunited » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:57 pm

If anyone is interested and wants to come along and see if I can complete a race then my entry is confirmed for this Sunday at Silverstone.<br>
<br>
Practice for the Post Historics is sceduled at 10.15-10.30. The race is scheduled for 14.35. <br>
<br>
Racing starts at 13:15 which includes the classic thunder groups . There are also some Mg's racing and monopostos as well as the usual Classic Touring car championship stuff.<br>
<br>
The paddock itself is open to the public so you can wander around and chat with people, have a good nose around the cars etc. You can then park your car up on the banking and watch the race from the comfort and warmth of your own car.<br>
<br>
I'm really going to try hard to finish this time so please congratulate me if I achieve that! Of course if something goes wrong you are more than welcome to come over and laugh at me!<br>
<br>
Scott<br>
<br>
<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.silverstone-circuit.co.uk/ht ... <!--EZCODE LINK END--><br>
<br>
<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.classictouringcars.com/">www ... <!--EZCODE LINK END--><br>
<br>

<p></p><i></i>

SMIFTER

#6 Post by SMIFTER » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:23 pm

Wish I could be there but its our first Mothers day and I value my testicals too much to go motor racing!<br>
<br>
Best of Luck, Hope you finish this one without incident!

<p></p><i></i>

Carsreunited

#7 Post by Carsreunited » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:00 am

Thanks Graeme. I'm hoping lightning doesn't strike three times. Everything seems fine but I just have this little niggle in the back of my mind! If I get this one under my belt with no dramas then I'll be fine.<br>
<br>

<p></p><i></i>

Sprint36

#8 Post by Sprint36 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:35 am

Go on Graeme - treat her to a day out at Silverstone! I am!!<br>
<br>
David

<p></p><i></i>

Carsreunited

#9 Post by Carsreunited » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:38 am

What Graeme's wife? Does he know?! <br>
<br>
Look forward to seeing you and your other half on Sunday David. Wrap up warm. It tends to be very cold at Silverstone at this time of year.

<p></p><i></i>

SprintV8

#10 Post by SprintV8 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:42 am

Not sure if I can make Sunday,<br>
<br>
Let us know how you get on.<br>
<br>
Will make Thruxton if she survives thought<br>
<br>

<p>1980 Dolomite SprintV8 (Soon to be shoehorned with a 360bhp of TVR AJP V8 Pumping Alloy !)<br>
2002 Citroen Xsara 2.0 HDi Estate.... Part's delivery Vehicle.<br>
They laugh at me because I am different. I laugh at them because they are all the same!)</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p206.ezboard.com/bthetriumphdolo ... printV8</A> at: 25/3/06 2:44 am<br></i>

Carsreunited

#11 Post by Carsreunited » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:55 am

The weather forecast is showers so I totally understand if people want to give this one a miss. Mallory Park is scheduled for the end of April and Thruxton not long after that.<br>
<br>
See you around soon Phil. You better be working on that engine conversion as I'm getting rather impatient!<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

<p></p><i></i>

Carsreunited

#12 Post by Carsreunited » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:54 pm

The mission impossible car didn't self destruct in 5 seconds and I managed to finsish a race for the 1st time ever!<br>
<br>
Never have 12 laps given great satisfaction to so few.<br>
<br>
I finished 12th (cough: out of 12 finsihers cough). SOme would call that last but that's just mean!<br>
<br>
I had a nightmare of a day having neglected to put my clocks forward so missed proper qualifying and had a scrutineering issue with my emergency engine cut out.<br>
<br>
Never the less, the day served a purpose. I finished the race with the engine in one piece and established that my car needs a decent rolling road session. I was dog slow. Quite embarrasing really. My original road engine would have propelled me around the track more quickly. Still running the old L1 cam but that's going to have to change.<br>
<br>
Scott<br>
<br>
PS. Nice to see some of you guys there. Sorry if I was distracted with getting the car sorted out but I was really up against it.<br>
<br>

<p></p><i></i>

MaddMart

#13 Post by MaddMart » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:12 am

Well done Scott, at least the Sprint lasted the race which is more than some did and no major probs.<br>
<br>
Onwards & upwards

<p>Martin<br>
<br>
<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.dolomitesprint.com/" target="top">www.dolomitesprint.com</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--></p><i></i>

Sprint36

#14 Post by Sprint36 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:20 am

Well done Scott, I think getting a finish was the main thing really. We were all stood on the concrete steps on the outside of Copse waving at you when you finished. Did you get you o/d working? Don't forget that most (all) of the people you were up against have been racing the same car for years, developing both the car and their driving. <br>
<br>
After you went, the weather went severely downhill. There were loads of offs in all the races, and one Rover msut have gone off at least half a dozen times in the last Classic Thunder race.<br>
<br>
You've got a month now until the next one so what's the plan? Rolling road first? <br>
<br>
David

<p></p><i></i>

Carsreunited

#15 Post by Carsreunited » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:08 pm

Thanks David and Martin. <br>
<br>
I was still without overdrive as I ran out of time yet again to try and sort that. One of the adjuster knobs had fallen off the o/s rear avo so I was stuck with the softest setting at the rear end. TBH, it wasn't so much a problem as I wasn't throwing it around due to the slippery conditions. I think I over-filled the oil a little before the race as it was venting quite alot. In practice I was hitting 6000rpm in 4th down the pit straight (112mph) but in the race I was struggling to hit 5200rpm (98mph). The only thing that had changed was the litre of oil I dropped in. Would that cause the crank to drag excessively and therfore reduce performance? <br>
<br>
My main problem was power on out of the corners. The timing just seemed a little out. No real surge of power. The plan was to finish a race and then do a rolling road rather than waste £200 setting it up only for the gremlins to strike again. Oil temperature maxed out at 95 degrees so that was alright. No idea of water temp as the capillary guage has packed up. Another thing I discovered was that I can run an EWP so that's now on the shopping list. I thought they were specifically prohibited. I've got to get Jod's cam in, get it timed in correctly and then get to a rolling road. Oh, and also sort out a speed sensor for my tacho guage as I'm fed up of working out the speed from rpm/gear-diff ratio on the minty lamb site!<br>
<br>
<br>
Realistically, I think Thruxton will be my next excursion.<br>
<br>
I'll do a little write up for DM.<br>
<br>
Scott<br>
<br>

<p></p><i></i>