The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:56 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:19 am 
Wanted. A set of standard size new pistons with rings.
Limey1938

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:16 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

I have such items potentially surplus to requirement...if I were to relinquish ownership of them, I'd prefer to do so to a Club member, but they won't be cheap...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:46 pm 
hi Good Day.
thank you for your response, yes I am a member of the club as of 2 days ago and i do require a set of SPRINT pistons.
Just to give you a little history, i live in Texas USA and immigrated from Bolton UK in 1973, I purchased the Sprint only matter of weeks ago from a gentleman in South Carolina. After i got the car home i did a conpression test and discovered that one cylinders was reading only 50 psi the rest at 160 psi, put some oil in cylinder and the pressure went up to 170 psi, so therefore the rings had a problem. i stripped engine and when i removed number 2 piston the rings fell out in about 35 different pieces.
i hope that is not to much info but as you can see i am in need of some pistons, the bore by the way was apparently undamaged.
i have not used this forum before so how do we connect, do i send you my email? or what.
now it so happens my wife and i will be in the west Midlands in 3 weeks time [Actually Worcester] so that is how i will pick them up and Pay you,
i will wait on your reply.
Many Thanks.
Limey 1938

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:59 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Hi,

Well that could work well then, I'm about 40 minutes drive from Worcester.

However, you mention the bores escaping unharmed, but were your pistons damaged at all? A set of standard rings purchased on their own would be a far more economic solution for you...

You can contact me directly using the 'PM' or 'email' buttons at the bottom of each post window...