The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Tue May 24, 2022 5:18 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted:Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:23 am 
Future Club member hopefully!

Hi,
New to this forum to put up for sale a load of Dolomite and Dolomite Sprint Parts including Doors, Bonnet, Full Interior, Wheels etc from when I restored 2 Sprints back in the late 80s early 90s. Should have some ST Parts, engine parts, new radiator etc. Most parts have been stored in a dry heated basement at my mothers house for 30 Years which we are unfortunately now clearing for sale. Dont know where to start with parts advertising so just getting this out there. Would be looking for buyers to collect as I dont have time to ship large items and I dont suppose you can ship doors, bonnet, Seats etc. I also have an original Slide-away sunroof still in the box with the full fitting kit liners etc. This is from the 70s. I also have a number of boxes of Unipart Parts and Exhaust Systems which do have part numbers I need to find the lists. Brake cylinder resevoir - found 3nr on the bench boxes. Have an original sprint air box which i had chrome plated although it was adapted for twin 45 dellortos so has cut outs and mount plates in the box on the carb side. If you want to contact me through this listing I will be starting to locate parts from next weekend. Have about 5-6 weeks to get things sold.
Regards Kevin Grainger, Kirkintilloch, Glasgow.

PostPosted:Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:30 am 
TDC Member

I'd say there are 2 distinct options depending on how much of a rush you are in and how much money/hassle you want.
Option #1 - Take some photos of the whole lot, stick a low-ball value that you are happy to get for it and somebody round here might be prepared to rent a van and travel up and take everything all at once.
Easy, potentially quick, but you aren't going to realize anything like "market value" for it all.

Option #2 - Pick out the high value items, list them for sale on here/evilBay/FaceAche and when you get down to the last few items try and find a bulk buyer.
Lots of work, dealing with people messing you about but potentially a much much higher return.

Cheers, Sam

PostPosted:Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:45 pm 
TDC Member

Hi Kevin,
I'd definitely like the air filter box - my Sprint has dellortos.
Also interested in a set of seats and Sprint alloys.
Also a price on the complete sunroof too please.
Let me know how much you would be looking for as a complete purchase.
Thanks
Kelvin

PostPosted:Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:24 pm 
TDC Member

Kevin,
I should have added I would need black seats, not tan.
Thanks

PostPosted:Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:00 pm 
TDC Member

Hi again,
I'd also like a Sprint steering wheel and black carpet set if in excellent condition.
Thanks
Kelvin

PostPosted:Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:02 pm 
TDC Member

Hello Kevin,
What's happening withe the parts please as I'd like the parts as above and possibly all of them.
Thanks
Kelvin

PostPosted:Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The vendor hasn't bothered to log back in here since the advert was posted. Try using the email or PM facility.

PostPosted:Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:33 pm 

Hi,
I have been delayed getting items sorted for photos or listing.
Going to the property tomorrow so should have info to start listing next week
Regards

PostPosted:Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:54 pm 

Hi again,

Just remembered seeing a new rear chrome bumper large middle section still in the original protective wrap. Is that of interest?

The original bonnet is like new and stored indoors for 35 years. Also a rear door and a boot lid. Can you still get these items. How do you establish a value?

I have boxes of used parts from Sprints rebuilds and I was always trying to get Special Tuning Dept parts for my Sprint. I have a original grp1 development cam I bought. It was not a regrind but cant comment on condition until I find it.

Are there old interior parts, trims, handles that are difficult to get these days. I can have a rummage if you let me know.

Dashboard with all dials, other smiths clocks, buttons knobs.

I do have a set of Door caps that were from a special edition Dolomite. Walnut veneer I think. Again need to find them.

Exhaust and inlet manifold for sprint. I might still have a set of inch Su carburettors that I picked up from a Sprint Rally guy back in the 80s. If the standard sprint car was 2inch these were the next size up?

I am doing some of this from memory. So this is like a trip down memory lane for me.

Thanks

Kevin

PostPosted:Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:14 pm 

Hi,

Started to get some photos and items located. Nothing has seen light of day or rain for 35years. They were removed from cars as donor panels for my sprint rebuilds in the 80s.

I have a nearly new bonnet, 2 boot lids and a rear door, full black interior etc..

Door is immaculate and complete with glass and handles/door liner etc.

Regards

Kevin

Sent

PostPosted:Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:07 pm 

Quote:
Hi,

Started to get some photos and items located. Nothing has seen light of day or rain for 35years. They were removed from cars as donor panels for my sprint rebuilds in the 80s.

I have a nearly new bonnet, 2 boot lids and a rear door, full black interior etc..

Door is immaculate and complete with glass and handles/door liner etc.

Regards

Kevin

Sent

PostPosted:Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:19 pm 
TDC Member

Hi do you happen to have any front bumper spacers or head likening bracket in your collection?

PostPosted:Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tip; the vendor hasn't been able to get on here for over a month, so why not use the PM (private message) or email functions to contact them?