That's passenger side Dave, to get over the irregular shape of the bulkhead, there's an aluminium plate mounted by 3x 1/4" bolts to the bulkhead like bolthead, bulkhead, nut, plate, nut in that order so it stands just proud by a nut's thickness. one nut holds the top of the ECU too, another does duty as the earthing point and the 3rd secures the ign live booster relay to the board. I've now added the other 3 relays in a block screwed up to the underside of the screen frame reinforcement and looks nice and tidy. Still have to make the loom for ECL and leccy windows but the relayed feeds are there now to work from, this can be added anytime! I'll take a better pic when I have daylight to help!
I've had another productive couple of days, the fuel feed AND return is now complete, i've wired up the fuel pump and (something i've been meaning to do for ages) replaced the ratty tatty Scotchlock infested original 78 rear section loom with a real nice condition 1980 one that i've kept for this car (late loom includes foglight wiring) So now I can dismantle it in the middle by the B post to add the wiring for the indicator repeaters which i've already laboriously threaded up through the B posts to the lamp fitting area.
A couple of parts came in the post on Saturday so i've added them in and now have an air cleaner and a lovely bit of bling ally piping to plumb it with!
Lots of lovely cold air will get in there!
Finally got around to something i've had in my head for about a year and been putting off almost as long, fitting the throttle potentiometer and modifying the pedal!
So first I cut the top 1" off the Omega's pedal which includes a ball for the linkage, then opened up the cable slot in an original pedal and welded the blade section piece of the Omega pedal into the slot. So far, so good. Replaced the original pedal and it clears where it needs to, RESULT! Then I offered up the potentiometer on it's Omega fitting bracket, marked the position of the bolt holes, drilled the bulkhead to suit and bolted it into place. Now the clever bit, hinged the (non length adjustable) ball socket rod round and clipped it over the ball on the pedal which is in EXACTLY the correct place! I love it when a plan comes together! Tests confirm that I have full throttle travel and the pedal reaches it's "kickdown" position (identified by a slight ridge in the operation) about a carpets thickness off the floor! I've left the original Sprint auto bulkhead stiffener in position, just in case of stress on the weak bulkhead, but it may not be needed, the new "fly by wire" throttle is smooth and light in operation and i'm a happy bunny! Still better to have it and not need it than vice versa! For a finishing touch, I found and fitted a blanking grommet to the hole previously occupied by the throttle cable. This also acts as a silent pedal "up" stop!
I've just quickly tried again, but I don't think this pic explains much more than the last one! The screen on my phone is half dead, so I don't know what the pics are like till they are on the computer!
Lastly a quick shot of the rats nest of heater, servo, fuel and trans cooler pipes that lives down at the o/s/r corner of the engine! Fortunately most of this lot will be obscured once the servo and master cylinder are in place!