The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:22 pm 
No worries mate, I'll drop by and pick it up on my way home from uni, I'll pm you the day I'll be heading down, I'm pretty sure it'll be a saturday morning. Be a good chance to see the Sprint while I'm there aswell :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:31 am 
Hey guys, time for another update!

After some serious and painful dealing that lasted me a good 3 weeks, I've finally gotten my 3" Peep Mirrors. They look great and were a steal for $70.00 aus.

I am left with very little parts to source now, here is the list:

- I/R seatbelts x2 $210.00
- Alpine type R Component Speakers x2 pair $600.00
- Dixieland Air Horn Kit $110.00
- Paint, Gel Coat, Thinners, Primer est $500.00
- Whitewall Tyres est $160.00
- Exhaust system including extrcators est $900.00
- Suspension springs/ shocks (TBA)
- New Black Carpetting (in boot only) est $4.50 per square mtr.

Attachments:
mirrors 001.JPG
mirrors 001.JPG [ 50.18 KiB | Viewed 1855 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:06 am 
Hey guys, about time I added abother update.

Progress since last update:

-Starter Motor re-fitted.
-New 326 CCA 50 RC Bond Battery Fitted.
-Battery clamp holds battery in very tight!
-New Terminals, one of which needs to be replaced yet again as it's not tightenning on the negative connection for some strange reason.
-CD/MP3/ipod CD Player fitted and running off the stock Braided and fused wire off ignition (man that's old school!) :mrgreen:
-Push-button starter fitted but not yet tested.
-Most of the electrics are working.
-Bought second hand XF series Ford Falcon Alternator (75amp) in similar orientation to the triumph one for $10.00.
-Radiator re-fitted.
-Filler cap freed using extension bar (that was a prick of a job, but now I can fill the system properly)
-Driveshaft removed from car (Still trying to fit the centre bearing)
-Paint Quotes sourced and final Rat-Rod style design complete.
-Dixie Multi-tone air horn fitted and working (switch on drivers side dash pannel)
-RCA leads and Remote wire siliconed in under carpet and concealed.
-Amplifier rack mocked up, to be test fitted late this afternoon.
-De-badged fron valance and C Pillars.
-Shaved original door mirror holes.
-3" Door frame mounted Peep mirrors fitted.
-Front indicators, high and low beams fitted and working (sort of) :lol:
-Front spoiler test fitted.

There is much more to come, but I'll get there :mrgreen:

Anyways, have a look at some pictures, and if you were linked here from my other post, here are the requested pics.

Attachments:
Dolly762.JPG
Dolly762.JPG [ 49.49 KiB | Viewed 1778 times ]
Dolly763.JPG
Dolly763.JPG [ 68.74 KiB | Viewed 1779 times ]
Dolly768.JPG
Dolly768.JPG [ 62.97 KiB | Viewed 1775 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:08 am 
More Pics:

Attachments:
Dolly765.JPG
Dolly765.JPG [ 57.79 KiB | Viewed 1770 times ]
Dolly7611.JPG
Dolly7611.JPG [ 75.89 KiB | Viewed 1770 times ]
Dolly761.JPG
Dolly761.JPG [ 55.79 KiB | Viewed 1765 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:11 am 
Even More Pics:

Attachments:
Dolly769.JPG
Dolly769.JPG [ 53.63 KiB | Viewed 1760 times ]
Dolly766.JPG
Dolly766.JPG [ 63.48 KiB | Viewed 1757 times ]
Dolly764.JPG
Dolly764.JPG [ 51 KiB | Viewed 1757 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:15 am 
Oh, yes.... if anyone's wonderring, that "IS" the original woodgrain, never re-furbished, all original and untouched!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:08 am 
Quote:
-Bought second hand XF series Ford Falcon Alternator (75amp) in similar orientation to the triumph one for $10.00
can you let me know how this goes Aaron. I've been searching for a lucas A127 equivalent and should just try some my luck with some likely candidates I think.
Quote:
Driveshaft removed from car (Still trying to fit the centre bearing)
check out sprintparts service bulletin on the different mounting sequences for the centre bearing. Apparently it matters how you bolt it back up and this differs car by car.

Did you get that interior rear vision mirror on ebay ? The one I told you about. I bidded for it but didn't want to go too high in case I was bidding against you on something I was buying for you !

thanks for the pics, time I uploaded what I have been doing.

stu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:52 am 
Ahh good thing you asked stu, I've actually opted to go for a mirror that glues up to the windscreen if nothing else comes along.

I'll definately let you know about the alternator, obviously it isn't fitted because roadworthy guys are such tightarses :roll: But I'll be at that stage soon, where all the "fun" parts get bolted in.

I may be doing the fuse box tomorrow :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:59 am 
Oh btw stu, did you win the mirror? If so I'll pay to have it posted over :)

My Ebay username is triumphnut78 if that helps :P

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:43 pm 
nah, I didn't win it, pulled out at $12 iirc. I still have the spare one here if you need it, not perfect though. The ebay username is not that useful now that they've hidden the bidder ID, but if you look at the feedback rating, you can sometimes make an ID. My username is moelfre btw. I've just won a 17ACR alternator from Ozbaz to at least get me a few more amps, my alternator was only a 15ACR. Every little bit helps and for $15 it was worthwhile.

stu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:45 pm 
Aaron, just a hint. The fuzzy fabric on the door card can be made beautiful again by spraying with simple matt black paint from a rattle car. Works wonders :wink: Done it quite a few times.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:14 am 
Cheers Ken! Top Gear style concours? HAHAHAHA that episode was hilarious, I might give vinyl die a go though I reckon :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:21 pm 
Hey guys, time for a new update.

Sadly money and time issues have slowed the Progress on my little dolly right down, and as a result I'll be driving dad's Holden rodeo to uni in Adelaide :mrgreen:

But... good news is, come monday I'll have the entirety of the interior back together, with the boot all welded up and safe and will have the car basically ready for paint. I'm still dabbling with starting issues.... so that's another thing for another day.

I got a lockable radio antenna that hides away almost completely. it has a nifty little key that you use to open it up, very low tech.... the way i like it :P

AS far as other things I've done... I'll have to think on that :woohoo: Lol! i can't remember what I did last tuesday! Pics tomorrow :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:34 pm 
TDC Member

Quote:
I got a lockable radio antenna that hides away almost completely. it has a nifty little key that you use to open it up, very low tech.... the way i like it :P
I used to have the best aerial ever on my Beetle 1303S. It was spring loaded - you had a little key you pressed into a small hole in the side and the whole thing shot up in the air! Quite lethal, but very amusing.

1962 MGA 1600 Mark II
1965 Mobylette SP50 (project)
2001 Rover 75 2.5-litre V6

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:40 am 
LOL! Don't give me ideas! HAHAHAHA :woohoo:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next