The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:34 pm 
i think the colour is great we had a maple sprint up until last year its a very rare colour too ,great work done and hope to see it at the shows in summer jannette :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:28 pm 
Hi Shelly,
that's one big project you have taken on and it looks so good.....it's about time your hubby had his pic taken along side his car and with a big smile on his face too. :D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:01 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

=D> Yes, it's about time he got the recognition he deserves!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:28 pm 
It might be a while before i can get a smile back on his face seeing as though his compressor's just spat its dummy out :evil: and spat all its oil over Leroy's bodywork!!!

SHELLY :bluewave:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:05 am 
Hi Y'all :D

Here's a couple of pictures that i managed to rescue off the old camera. Bit gutting really because there is loads of pictures detailing all the chassis work etc but because of the poor picture quality it only shows on the LARGE pictures and wouldn't come through on the smaller pictures on the site! :?

Progress so far - First coats of primer wet flatted back to give a good base for the stonechip protection!!!! Which will hopefully be followed soon by another 4 or 5 coats of primer before the top coat (maple brown) goes on!!!!! :lol:

Meanwhile in between compressor throwing a strop some mechanicals were started.....

New bushes replaced as necessary - new steering knuckle joint to go on etc etc..... engine will be stripped down and all seals and gaskets to be replaced hopefully eventually!!!!! 8)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:48 pm 

Drool!! :( I wish I had the skill/time/energy to do work like that to my cars!! That is fantastic!! :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:59 pm 
Hi Shelly,
I'm thinking that you and your hubby could put together a great artice for the "Dolly Mag" on how to fix or renovate a particular part of a car :scratchin: ......with detailed explanations and some pic's. It would help people like myself who struggle with bodywork and painting :oops:
I think your Leroy thread is brill :clapping: :clapping: well done.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:42 pm 

I think Mart has competition. :lol:

Cracking work!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:23 pm 
Quote:
Hi Shelly,
I'm thinking that you and your hubby could put together a great artice for the "Dolly Mag" on how to fix or renovate a particular part of a car :scratchin: ......with detailed explanations and some pic's. It would help people like myself who struggle with bodywork and painting :oops:
I think your Leroy thread is brill :clapping: :clapping: well done.
Spoke to Hubby about your suggestion above - seems game for it!!(as he says 'if he can do it anyone can do it!') We're not exactly sure about how we'd go about it! or if there would be enough interest! :? But more than willing to show the processes in more detail if its going to be of any help!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:24 pm 
where abouts is the garage he works for as I'm desperate to find a reliable bodyshop should I ever need any bodywork doing on a car..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:56 pm 
Phil

PMD you :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:39 pm 

Progress is coming on now that the compressor's playing ball got some more piccies for you all to see - LEROY now has been re-primed awaiting some colour!!!!!! So we can hopefully get the front end built back up and then he can start to look like a PROPER car!!!!!!!!! :wink:

So Here goes.............

Well there he is folks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:01 pm 

Its been a while since anything got posted on here but there's been more progress with Leroy over the last few weeks - Camera's working well - almost too well some pictures of the paint going onto Leroy's body was looking more caramel instead of Maple Brown, i have tried to pick some shots where colour looks right!!!! :o

A few other bits n pieces have been done along with the paintwork here's some pictures for you lot - Oh by the way I haven't forgotten i am going to try and get Hubby snapped with the car later on this week!!!!!!! :wink:

Right that last picture shows the engine stripped down - the head and the block have gone off for some machining work and hopefully will be back soon.......

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:12 pm 
:shock: Wow! Fantastic paintwork is being done there. :clapping: :clapping:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:28 pm 

That oil cooler position looks awesome.

Very impressive work there.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next