The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:26 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:00 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Quote:
Pish, I forgot to send a propshaft yesterday. Oli in't the only pillock in da house. Saturday.
You cheeky little! :lol:

I quite liked it as it was when you bought it... Though the sprint lump in it and it'll be full of win...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:01 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Pish, I forgot to send a propshaft yesterday. Oli in't the only pillock in da house. Saturday.

I quite liked it as it was when you bought it...
You didn't see it close up. The interior was hideous, mismatched and cut about carpets and butchered wiring. None of this was a surprise particularly, but it did look horrible. Black paint had no edges to speak of and will be put back to standard. It would still be less effort to put it back to how it was than finish the conversion....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:08 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I quite liked it as it was when you bought it...
You didn't see it close up. The interior was hideous, mismatched and cut about carpets and butchered wiring. None of this was a surprise particularly, but it did look horrible. Black paint had no edges to speak of and will be put back to standard. It would still be less effort to put it back to how it was than finish the conversion....
Fair enough. Still, back to former glory it goes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:55 pm 

Ok, more work today

Sprint Wiring loom is fitted and 50% connected up, front shocks and springs are in, sprint brake servo, sprint brake pedal, steering column loosely fitted, 2 speed wiper motor 50% fitted, ATF cooler removed and bypass pipe fitted (Thanks Reg :) )

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:06 pm 

steering is in, twin speed wiper finished, spent the rest of the time faffing around with the dashboard - the sprint heater is in and is likely to be coming out. I really want the flat dash in there...I think

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:23 pm 
Good to see you making progress David, should be a great car when done.

I have some wheels for you at the workshop.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:00 pm 

Ah yes the wheels, I'll pick them up shortly.

Fitted the curved dash today - it was the tidiest way without chopping the wiring to nastily. Shame really. Looks fine, but I am a bit disappointed.

Steering column is in, sprint heater, rear axle is built up ready to go in once I have sorted some shocks and springs, prop is placed in and a few jobs like make a clutch blanking plate, fix the expansion tank etc were all completed this morning. Axle should be going in on friday then it will have all sprint running gear and the interior can go back in....

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:14 pm 

Some progress recently.

Fitted up most of the door trims yesterday (furflex, pillar trim, door cards). Also fitted the rear seat so I could sit on it!

Fitted the tunnel today, bolted in the propshaft and trial fitted the exhaust. Once I have drilled the holes for the exhaust hangers the rest of the interior can go in. Then its just electrics, brakes, fuel and getting it running again.

After that there are a load of things to do which I had sort of left to one side. New rear suspension, bits of bodywork, trimming the boot etc then changing the head gasket!!!

Here are a few pics.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:48 pm 
Looking good. I've always liked the idea of a sprint toledo combo. Kind of like the ultimate sleeper. 8) Are you going to change the colour, if so what? Magenta on a Tolly would look cool. :D

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:23 am 

Nope, the colour stays, I always kind of liked it, and it matches my 2000 kind of a big brother little brother thing. There is a possibility that I might swap the engine out soon as there may be a 165bhp sprint engine available to me....and an LSD. We shall see...

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:21 am 
TDC Toledo Registrar

David,
within the Toledo-only spares department at Toledo towers, I have a box full of brand new dash wiring for the flat-dash Toledo. I suspect they are for the last models though (with the seatbelt warning lamp and the HRW) but you are welcome to one if you wish.

R

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:23 am 

Ok, much progress yesterday, thanks to Justyn 1300dolly for all his help.

Lots of the more difficult jobs done, including all those things that you cant reach the nut and the bolt at the same time.

Spent ages faffing around with the brakelines, still some work to do there, did a load of little jobs added a load more little jobs to the list :( had the engine turning over, its mostly electrical gremlins to sort out now, sidelights have a dodgy connection, indicators flash somewhat erratically, twin speed wiper motor appears seized :( Interior is mostly done :)

Here are a few pics

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:00 pm 

Did I miss something or did this suddenly turn auto?

Jonners

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:17 pm 

Think you might've missed something Jonners....

April the 19th I took the ATF cooler out and fitted teh ATF bypass pipe, that might give you a hint.

Its a sprint autobox.....at the moment. I have a manual box for it at some stage, but I put the engine and autobox in as one....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:58 pm 
Looking really good David, keep it, not far to go