The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:20 pm 
Hi All

On saturday decided to finally get round to adding the underseal to my dolly as the factory didn't bother :evil: .There were defo 2 sides to the job the good news :D the underside is amazing :shock: :shock: :shock: smooth virtually bare metal clean floors no rust atall :shock: for a 31 year old my bare naked dolly looked superb.2nd side to the job the extremities seem to have suffered due to lack of underseal. On removing o/s rear wheel to check inside the arch and begin cleaning and applying underseal I noted on the seem overlap in the centre of the arch there was heavy bubbling :shock: out came the hevy duty grinder brush attachment and holy cheeeeeese gromet :!: :shock: :roll: holes a plenty a 6 inch by quarter inch hole on the seem plus 3 other various gashes and pepper pot holes opened up :( .Sometime later I had welded it all up and thankfully the n/s side arch is in great shape feeeewww :D :D .Not so the rear boot floor to n/s arch there is 4 inch by a quarter hole :roll: tank out time :!: :!: as its half an inch away :roll: .Any advice on removal as thats the next job on the repair list.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:34 pm 
Hi,
Any pics???

Tank comes out easily. Had mine out the other day.
Take the fuel pipe off underneath. Fuel will flow.
Then remove rubber from filler neck, breather pipe, and electrical connectors from sender.
Remove the 4 bolts, and gently remove the tank assy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:46 pm 
Hi Golly

I will post a pic of the current problem hole tommorow .Thanks for the advice :D

Cheers

Simon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:56 pm 
The really good thing about these cars is;

They are logical cars that were well built in their day.

This forum is full of people willing to help.

Look forward to some pics.
Martin.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:39 pm 
True Martin thats what i love about TRiumphs i've had 5 including the dolly 3 spits and a herald previously.The dolly is defo the most practical classic of them claire and i both love her.We went on the peak run last sunday it was a 4 day event organised by the TSSC camp over at a superb site in Ashbourne with a fantastic scenic drive terminating in Matlock Bath with Triumphs a plenty :D .Maybe see you there next year :D .It's great on here as you said Martin with Jonners being the A1! fount of all Dolly knowledge :lol: :woohoo:.Just read you thread superb :!: :!: :!: will post some pics of mine soon.Everyone seems to mention a bargain but no price ? what did you pay for yours I paid a thou but with 6 months tax 12 mot 48k gen and overdrive.I was laughing :lol: as just like you i got distracted and started polishing the inner wings and bonnet :lol: there is something very theraputic about it.

Cheers

Simon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:27 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

Thanks for the mench...it make it all worthwhile.

But there are just as many knowledgeable folk out there as me. I've just got a forum addiction problem...:-)

Jonners