The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:13 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:51 pm 
TDC Toledo Registrar

Can I join the list of people who think that the conversion is better justified on another car? I like modified Tollys but it can be a pity when the car is so original and straight as this one is.

It's stories like this which makes me tempted not to sell Villum and that is a 50K car, let alone a 26K one. I'd be gutted if something I had lavished so much time over got its heart ripped out, Sprinted and subjected to the potential dangers of a track - I'd have done that myself had the car not been so rare.

Still, as other people have said; you are the owner of the car, I just hope you will not be its last one :wink:

R

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:06 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Looked and admired this car on Sunday at the show...lovely, lovely car..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:32 pm 

Oh my goodness any one would think it was a priceless prewar Bentley or something.
Its an unloved small Triumph that gets ignored by most Triumph enthusiasts, only one step away from an Aclaim!
When Triumph World magazine put one of these on its cover the sales plummeted according to the editor when taken to task by a reader.
The Sprints were also completely ignored for their track success and only TR,s were worthy to report on.
What is so wrong about taking a car on track? is this worse than plonking it in a field and watching it all day?
It is like those people who complain that banger racers are destroying the cars, err well buy the damn things so they cannot.
We all like these funny little cars but we must realise that other people do not even consider them.
Go on bodger modify it and enjoy it, its only a piece of metal and plastic.

The lunatic is out................heres Jonny!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:05 pm 
Priceless pre-war Bentley.... pile of old tat. Track it!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: