The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:55 pm 
Quote:
paint honeysuckle white
:scratchin:

Honeysuckle isn't white it's off yellow like mine is:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:01 pm 
il have to look up the colour code again then lol mine looks a bit different to that

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:20 pm 
Colin, there is a matched spray can in the box of bits I gave you. It is matched to a Ford colour, can't recall the name.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:43 pm 
my mistake the colour code is 19 so its triumph white :D and on the triumph club forum apparently theres about 5 colour varitions so im gonna take snowdrop to apex where i get all my paint from to get them to colour match to her as i want a aresol and a tin so i can use a brush :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:18 pm 
x fingers sourced a steering wheel and orig interior mirror thanks to Daniel m .ty m8 :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:03 pm 
Hi Colin, how are things progressing? Did you manage to secure a steering wheel and interior mirror?

All the best.

Ken

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:58 pm 
hi m8 yeah things are going well .saturday snowdrop decided to try and make fire lol driverside brake caliper seized sligthly and i had a bit of smoke so shes now in the garage with her frnt brakes stripped out awaiting all new recon calipers pads etc to arrive .iv managed to get a steering wheel and mirror for £15 :] just awaiting him to remove them from the car and sendem to me now should be this weekend .still awaiting my tdc membership to com thruogh guess it will come with the next mag.all things considered im ver pleased with my purchase its good to own a triumph again .gonna get her ready for ferry meadows show next year :]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:22 pm 
Sorry to hear about the brake Colin, I would imagine that minimal use probably contributed to that. Glad that you will have the proper steering wheel and mirror soon, that was a good price by the way. Keep hold of the mirror, always handy as those plastic mounts are stupidly fragile.

All the best.

Ken

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:20 am 
Future Club member hopefully!

Hi Colin

Good luck with the car mate.

I saw this car last year just after Ken bought it, and then I thought it was a cracker.

Lovely little car

Btw do u still need a steering wheel, I have a spare, that was given to me a while ago.

All the best

Darren

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:57 pm 
ok this weekend im starting the restoration of snowdrop .and have decided to be very fussy have striped the frnt calipers off and was just gonna replace them with new recon ones .instead everything coming off and wheelarches are gonna be stripped back to bare metal and painted white all suspenions gonna be replaced with uprated springs etc and discs gonna be uprated to the vented etc all bushes replaced .so minor resto is now major lol its not nessarcary but i new id get carried away with it .watch this space il add some photos sunday :]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:11 pm 
Wow!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

She will be a stunner when you have finished.

Ken

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:56 pm 
Just wondering whats the techinique for removing the chrome on the edge of the boot lid and on the edge of the overhang of the rear window have a few minor rust spots in these places and really need to remove the chrome to do these properly any advice or help would be gratfully appreciated :D

colin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:09 pm 
Gentle application of a screwdriver (flat blade) and a cloth to protect the body from scratches. Once started, it will come off quite easily.

Be careful not to damage the pins on the small trim pieces at the very ends of the rear trim sections though.

Best to order new clips for the trim pieces :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:48 pm 
just been to anglian triumph services to pick up my brake calipers and have just aquired a replacement bonnet and an origional dash speaker from a dolly they are breaking .so slowly getting bits and pieces

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:47 pm 

Quote:
just been to anglian triumph services to pick up my brake calipers and have just aquired a replacement bonnet and an origional dash speaker from a dolly they are breaking .so slowly getting bits and pieces

Just foud out yesterday I can still get calipers Via my work (Motor Parts Direct) how much are anglian triumph selling his for just out of interest???

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next