The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:54 pm 
£69 with your old one ,but on ebay there is a place doing them for £53.17 and when you send them your old one they refund you £15. got both off them origionally but the didnt have the offside caliper so had to get it from anglia triumph .would have got them from the club but no sign of my membership coming thruogh yet lol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:16 am 
So you decided against the brake upgrade then?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:12 am 
well was advised by anglian triumph to put standard brake discs and just put the braided metal pipes instead of rubber flexis and use the green pads .and that would be a suffecient upgrade

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:39 am 
TDC Member

Quote:
well was advised by anglian triumph to put standard brake discs and just put the braided metal pipes instead of rubber flexis and use the green pads .and that would be a suffecient upgrade
I have that set up on my Sprint and it's fine for that!!

1962 MGA 1600 Mark II
1965 Mobylette SP50 (project)
2001 Rover 75 2.5-litre V6

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:50 pm 
Sounds like the sensible way forward without faffing too much. Not that brake upgrades are a faff, but you get my drift :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:22 pm 
ok so iv now started my resto at last :D stripped out the drivers side wheel arch ready to tackle the removal of the black underseal tommorow .gona bin the shocks and springs for new ones :D Image

notice the top ball joint has a grease nipple on it must be the orig as other side hasnt get one :D wonder if i can get kits to recon them as replacements are damn expensive

Last edited by colreco73 on Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:25 pm 
Have you got the new one's then?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:27 pm 
Yes it is and yes you should. Try Mick Dolphin. Shame it isn't the same as the 1300FWD as I have a good few of those. I would take the opportunity to fit polybushes to the subframe whilst you are there and also to the steering rack.

I have a brand new set of front shocks and 1" lowered springs for the TC. Yours for what I paid for them. Hmm, not sure whatthat was. They are R*mmers items. They were bought for Lemondrop but I forgot about them :oops:

Last edited by Purplebargeken on Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:27 pm 
not yet .gonna wait till everything is prepared till i gettem

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:31 pm 
Read the post again mate. I edited it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:36 pm 
wow m8 ty keepem for me :D il pm you when i needem .got alot of work ahead of me before i needem :]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:43 pm 
Will put them aside for you mate. Next time I pop over to Norwich I will detour for you (then I can see SD too :D ). U ok to go with the Rimmer price? At least there won't be postage to pay :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:02 pm 
yeah no probs m8 just tell me in advance when you will be over and il put the kettle on :]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:29 pm 
hmm im confused can anyone tell me if these pads fit my 1974 tc as in this auction it says 72-73 i thought pads were all the same all the way through
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-1500- ... 3789wt_948

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:48 pm 
They'll fit if they're listed for the 1500, but Greenstuff aren't very good and they do cost about three times as much as new/old stock genuine Ferodo ones which work and won't fall apart before they wear out.
Far wiser move would be to wait for some suitable Ferodo on eBay, the older the better - as long as they've not been kept in a damp place, the box will tell you that - and preferably with asbestos. 8)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next