The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:06 pm 
Hi everyone,

I am a new member to this forum but I have been reading posts on here for a while.

Early last year I bought a late Dolomite 1300 with the intention of turning it into a very quick road and track car. After a lot of research I have decided to go down the CA18DET route. I see a couple of people on here have gone down this route so I thought this would be a great forum to get information from.

Yesterday I picked up my engine and a gearbox so now the journey will start. I won't be doing much work on the car myself so I now need to find someone who can do the work for me. I am in the Tamworth Staffordshire area so would be really greatful if anyone on this forum could recommend a garage who would be able to do a conversion like this.

One of the first things I want doing is the engine stripping down, cleaning and rebuilding with stronger internals.My goal is to get somewhere near 400bhp.

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:39 pm 
Hi David, I have been referred to this thread! Both the CA18DET Dolomites you would have seen here have been done by myself. I'm actually building a third next week. i would be interested in taking it on, i will PM you my phone number. There are a few special requirements in order to make it work with the available space.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:03 pm 
Hi Dan,

Thankyou for your reply. Both them builds of yours look really nice. By all means pm me, I am very interested to find out exactly what is involved. My car is totally standard so I would imagine that is going to be a great deal.

Dave.