The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: PPX 604K 'Tamara'
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:03 pm 
I wouldn't worry too much about the paint at this stage, after all this will help to seal the body from any further moisture attacking it, aerosols are always going to give that sort of affect as the paint within them is so very thin.

Getting back on the road is more important I feel. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:16 pm 
:bluewave: turned that round pretty nice fella, well done, and what badge you got on the nose???

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:08 am 
Quote:
what badge you got on the nose???
Looks to me to be the standard Toledo nose badge?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:10 am 
Yeah, standard Toledo badge. More good news, the drivers seat i had brought to match the passenger one doesn't fit as its got height adjustment so im now on the look out for some matching ones (the one in the car will stay in to keep 'er indoors happy :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:40 pm 
If the seat is a height-adjustable Dolomite one, you'll find that it can be fitted, but that the outer row of fixing bolts are slightly outboard of the existing positions, all you need to do is run an old bolt through the threads to clear any paint that's in there. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:20 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

John, don't forget that this is a 2-door car. The seats are different. I don't know if the threaded holes for the seats are the same as the other cars. I never checked when I had mine.

West Yorkshire Area Organiser & forum moderator
Meetings take place on the first Wednesday of the month at 8.00pm at The Old Brickworks, Wakefield Road, Drighlington, Bradford, BD11 1EA

1972 Dolomite 1850 auto (NYE 751L - Now for sale)
2003 Volvo XC90 D5 SE (PX53 OVZ - The daily driver)
2009 Mercedes-Benz W204 C200 CDI Sport (BJ58 NCV - The 2nd car)
1991 Toyota Celica GT (J481 ONB - another project car)
Former stable of SAY 414M (1974 Toledo), GRH 244D (1966 1300fwd), CDB 324L (1973 1500fwd), GGN 573J (1971 1500fwd), DCP 625S (1977 Dolomite 1300) & LCG 367N (1975 Dolomite Sprint) plus 5 Acclaims and that's just the Triumphs!

Check my blog at http://triumphtoledo.blogspot.com
My YouTube Channel with a bit of Dolomite content.

"There is only one way to avoid criticsm: Do nothing, say nothing and BE nothing." Aristotle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:41 pm 
Ah, good point Dave, so the seats will ideally need to tip. The floor fixings are the same though, at least the seat hump and floor pans are the same pressings which precludes the fitting of the type of seats fitted to 2 door versions of the Marina, which replace the runners of the 4 door cars with the same sort of see-saw style tipping frame that minis have. So the captive nuts should all be there for fitting one comfortable seat - with vertically adjustable subframe - to a 2 door if you don't mind having passengers entering and exiting the car at the nearside only.

I know of one 2 door Toledo locally that has a late Dolomite driver's seat c/w recline & vertical adjust mechanisms, head restraint (for all the use those are given that they make a pretty good fulcrum out of the human neck in the event of a hard shunt, possibly leading to a dislocated head) and seat belt warning switch, not that there's anything in the loom to attach that to....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:55 pm 
The seats i have are seat one's (cheap on the bay). The passenger (her) one has been modified to fit but i cant modify the drivers one so am on the look out for some more seats with headrests

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:15 pm 
Bit of an annoying update. Engine problems have actually turned out to be a worn engine so im on the look out for one to swap over but il keep the unleaded head of this one. If anyone knows of one, id be greatful if you could let me know

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:10 am 
Sorry for the lack of updates recently but she is finally MOT'd just in time for the hot sunny weather no, wait, rain and snow! :roll:

Oh well, a few piccys of the finished (are they ever finished?) car!

I have cut and polished the offside front wing and the drivers door i think you can just see the difference in the picture but i will machine the whole car when i get some free time (haha)

Interior complete with Midget seats which are quite comfy but a pain if i want to get anyone in the back. THe main thing is they have headrests to keep the missus happy and they match the colour of the rears almost perfectly! The only thing i am missing are the carpets so am on the lookout for some even if i end up with the rubber ones rimmers currently have on offer.

Proof i did 17 miles yesterday until the one working headlight gave up when i drove back from town last night :x Hopefully an electrical fault but i have now ordered some metro headlights so i can just replace the bulbs in the future.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:19 am 

Quote:
i have now ordered some metro headlights so i can just replace the bulbs in the future.

I know early Allegro ones are the same but I thought the metro ones had different fixings

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:11 am 
Quote:
Quote:
i have now ordered some metro headlights so i can just replace the bulbs in the future.

I know early Allegro ones are the same but I thought the metro ones had different fixings
Oh really? Whoops. Oh well, il either have to do some modifications or re-sell them and get some allegro ones then