The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: 76 Blue Toledo
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:14 pm 
Nahhh its all the dark colour in the flesh, thats just the shine! :D er this bad boys staying standard, my next tolly / dolly aren't going to be tho, I'm planning on either a dolomite estate project or a toledo to modify the hell out of, this ones too original and nice for me to modify, but its just a tad slow for my liking, being 18 'n all, doesnt stop me loving it tho!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:25 pm 
So I took a rather long 3-4 hour each way trip to bournemouth to see jim (2drtoledo) and this happened

Last edited by CamStreet on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image resized and now remotely hosted by Imgur.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:10 pm 
Quote:
this ones too original and nice for me to modify
Next post- new pink wheels!! :lol:

Just read your thread mate! Awful shame about your first tolly, but glad you stuck with it and got another! Even more so when you had the problems!! Anyway keep up the thread, its a good read!! Actually loving the wheels (but you have to expect some other opinions on them :lol: ) question is, are they staying pink?!

Cheers, Shep

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:00 pm 
Quote:
Quote:
this ones too original and nice for me to modify
Next post- new pink wheels!! :lol:

Just read your thread mate! Awful shame about your first tolly, but glad you stuck with it and got another! Even more so when you had the problems!! Anyway keep up the thread, its a good read!! Actually loving the wheels (but you have to expect some other opinions on them :lol: ) question is, are they staying pink?!

Cheers, Shep
Yeaaaaaa but all the stuff im doing to it will be reversible! Call it a test vehicle for my next one :P my next port of call is lower it and anti roll bars all round. Whilst I save up for that, i'm going to try and make some angel eye lights :D as far as the not modifying goes, its more a case of, nothing undoable and no body kits :P that said, I might not keep to that, I might get real bored one day and just modify it...
As for the pink, I drove all that way thinking pinks coming straight off its horrible, tried them on and was like :O pinks staying! So they're staying pink, until I get bored I guess

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:40 pm 
I feel awfully responsible for this!

It was great to meet you Cameron, your Toledo is just lovely. Enjoy making your (reversible!) changes.

Post subject: It is....
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:26 am 
TDC Member

Quote:

It was great to meet you Cameron, your Toledo is just lovely. Enjoy making your (reversible!) changes.
Good to see that you're now back on the forum Jim!!!

Ian.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:44 pm 
Quote:
I am envious of your bright headlamps...!!! Can I ask if they're standard or if they've been 'tweaked' in any way at all...?! Those wheels look pretty darn good... Unique to say the least, but in a good way of course :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:10 pm 
TDC Member

Quote:
If I ever pop to Bournemouth (I'm Dorchester), remind me to steer clear of you - my cars are quite tasteful at the moment :P

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:45 pm 
Thanks Ian, nice to be back. I'll try to pop in more regularly now I'm not due to be in overnight.

Steve, you'd be welcome to drop by if you fancy it, I promise I wouldn't try to change too many things on your car and would keep the pink paint locked away!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:01 pm 
Quote:
Quote:
I am envious of your bright headlamps...!!! Can I ask if they're standard or if they've been 'tweaked' in any way at all...?! Those wheels look pretty darn good... Unique to say the least, but in a good way of course :wink:
Actually, when I took this pick I noticed the nearest one being righter than the other, had a quick look and its got a halogen in it! Not a super bright one, so I've bough some nightbreakers and will fit my old tollys headlamp so they match (I do have some jim!!)

And on another note jim, unfortunately the spare wheel is now white, and I think i'll get them blasted and powercoated bright white, due to going through a mcdonalds drive through and my brother feeling the need to tell everyone we arent gay -_- the girls love the pink but most blokes (secretly like them) are all like 'not a colour I would have chosen' aaaaaaaand I saw some white paint in halfords and thought I would end the insults.... That said I do love them in pink, but I think bright white with a red rim will also look good

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:21 am 
Sounds good Cameron, should provide a nice contrast with the Sapphire paint. Glad you can get your headlamps sorted.

Have a good time at Stoneleigh. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:53 pm 
Quote:
Sounds good Cameron, should provide a nice contrast with the Sapphire paint. Glad you can get your headlamps sorted.

Have a good time at Stoneleigh. :D
Screw it, now i've added a white wheel everyones suddenly decided they actually liked the pink! Think i'll get them blasted and powdercoated soon, as for the headlights.... Theres a bad earth somewhere on the left hand circuit as all lights on the left side are either dim or blink real slow, plus the horns bow high pitched and dims the left headlight even more!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:20 pm 
Head lifted again last monday! Turns out whoever did it before me put the head studs in upside down and the nuts were bottoming when I torqued them down :/ heads been sent off for unleaded, port, polish, bigger valves... And I've bought an exhaust manifold and modded to fit, and also bought some 39mm keihin bike carbs, just looking at making a manifold for them now!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:41 pm 
Riiiigggghhhhhhttt, so head went off for a stage one, bigger unleaded valves... Got that all on and torqued, modded my 4 to 1 exhaust manifold to fit around the engine plate and just past the steering, to then put the inlet on and find the single carb wont fit! So twin carbs later, alot of mucking around as my voltage regulator in my alternator went and its a beast! I've fitted better trumpets to the carbs now too

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 503.12 KiB | Viewed 2268 times ]

Last edited by Toledo Man on Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized the photo