The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: 76 Blue Toledo
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:38 am 
Hi guys, this here is my '76 4 Door Toledo, she's not much to look at from the outside, but inside shes immaculate, and we sent her for an mot as the first thing we did, she failed on the track rod ends, free play in the steering column and exhaust not supported properly.

So far I've replaced the track rod ends and attacked and welded the exhaust so it hangs right and is supported well, next on the list is a steering UJ then shes off for a retest!

Once she's passed it's going to be sorting out the rust bubbles and flatterning any filler and whatnot then i'll give her a new coat of blue :) apart from that its going to just be small things like pop the rocker cover back out and painting etc

Pics are the day she turned up at work, need to get some of my work so far

Last edited by CamStreet on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re-size of images

Post subject: Re: 76 Blue Toledo
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:28 pm 
Nice looking car.Hope you get a pass on the mot.Is that another tolly on the ramps with what looks like stag rims?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:57 pm 
Thanks! And nope thats a mk1 2000 up there

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:51 pm 
Lovely. Loads of potential. Please keep the updates coming.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:11 pm 
Progress! Well today I fitted the steering knuckle so it doesnt have any free play in the column so it should pass its mot! I've also bought, painted and fitted another toledo wingmirrow to the car, it needs a clean but it will do! Also got a pic of my first time with a welder, the exhaust is no sitting nicely under the car

Then I tested the steering in the carpack, the wheel is now miles off center but thats easy to sort, and then after driving it for a good 20 mins round the car park, pulled it back in to find the hose that goes from the resevior to the radiator was spurting water out! Turns out whoever put it on used just bog standard hose so im going to replace that hopefully before its retest

Last edited by CamStreet on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re-size images and adjust orientation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:08 pm 
Is it possible to make your picture smallers and in the correct orientation please?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:03 pm 
TDC Member

Quote:
Is it possible to make your picture smallers and in the correct orientation please?
Indeed. Number plate in second to last pic fills my screen :lol:

S

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:08 pm 
Superb, another Toledo... I shall look forward to seeing how this resto' progresses.

The pictures you are uploading do need to be a tad smaller though :shock: I tend to ensure all mine are 800pixels wide and the height will be perfect then too :wink: Try running them through Photoshop (or similar) or you can do it through a Photobucket (or similar) account...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:37 pm 
Yeah sorry about that, i'm just using my phone, havent turned my computer on since january!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:40 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

That's a nice Tolly in an even nicer colour -- French blue is it? My favourite.

1973 sapphire sprint
1976 honeysuckle RHD sprint (for sale!)
1973 pimento (now BRG) 1850

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:51 pm 
Yeah its french blue, but parts of it are hammerite smooth blue from when andy has treated the passenger side and painted it with that

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:57 pm 
I hope you don't mind but I have resized and re-orientated your images. They are now remotely hosted by Imgur. I hope this is okay?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:28 pm 
Thank you :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:45 pm 
Made some progress on her over the last few weeks, got her insured and stuck some L plate on and bam im driving the old girl, fitted seatbelts in the rear, they fould the rear seat but that really doesnt bother me as much as some of the engines tinny little niggles, like when I get about half a mile away from my house she just goes a bit lumpy, like someones kicking the throttle but it doesnt have any power, then its fine after that, and as me and my friend discovered today, if you rev it then let off the throttle a small noise appears for like half a second, sort of a 'grrr' from the front radiator area?? Its confused the hell out of me, but so long as she runs!

I've also got new disks and pads for her and hopefully some braided hoses soon :D apart from that at 39mpg shes the most eco car in the house! Cant complain there!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:11 am 
Sounds like it needs a good tune-up!
The grumble could be worn crank bearings so go easy on it and make sure it has fresh, good oil.