The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:14 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

I have a good roof cut from a car; Stourbridge...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:09 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Quote:
any progress TKLR? :)
Very slow i'm afraid, no room in the garage to do much, every day i've had off it has tipped down ! It's definitely going to be a long haul....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:34 pm 

Hey all not made much progress after moving the car from the dodgy lockup, now in a much more secure location and running very sweetly indeed after new carb jets, needles, mounts and a good wash thru the fuel lines. Now the weather is improving I can really make some progress.. Determined to get her ready for next summer, wish me luck...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:43 pm 

Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:57 pm 

Thank you Pippin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:36 pm 
Hi iain, hope you and the car are well?

Kind Regards

Russell.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:24 am 

Hi All,

Am looking for some advice, have managed to get a small amount of money together to get this shell sorted I hope. Its not a huge amount but hopefully will at least get her into a sound state for painting.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an outfit that would be able to take on a restoration of the shell itself if I strip the remainder of what is left on her.

I can then spend the winter refurbing the mechanical / electrical side ready to reassemble in the repaired shell.

It will need one sill replacement, and the roof cut out ready for the webasto I've got already, also two new front wings fitted (old ones are off) n/s floor panel, possibly a rear wheelarch, plus a few patches here n there I think. The shell is really very solid (has been in storage since 1993)

Anybody any ideas or suggestions? I'd like to get her back on the road for the summer and I think this is going to be the only way I can get it done and will give me a boost to get her finished.

Ideally I'd like it to be somewhere I can visit to see how things are going along, so local ish to Herts would be better but not essential as I travel a fair bit. I will do all the stripping and fitting up, this will just be a basic bare shell. Not sure I will have enough to pay for a repaint too but at least if the prep is done I can do this myself. Anyone have any ideas how much i'll need? I know its only going to be ball park but may help !

Your help and advice would be appreciated,

Iain (TKLR)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:41 pm 
Hi Iain,

Hope you are doing well since we last spoke, I'm not in your area I'm afraid so can't offer much advise except to pass on my continued well wishes, support and spur ons to you :-)

Kind Regards

Russell.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:14 pm 

Cheers Russell have decided that despite spending time moving her and getting her running again two years have passed and I'm no further forward thanks mainly to work pressures. I need to do something now so have set aside a small amount I inherited to get things moving. Hoping that someone will be able to help, I recall Jonners mentioning a local firm before but cant find the details.. I'm determined to get this done for next summer, I want to use her for a trip to the west country I have planned ! Iain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:42 pm 
Thats great news Iain, it sounds like your determination has had a resurgence and theres nothing quite like a deadline of an upcoming dream trip to spur you on :-) All the very very best with it, ill be watching with much enthusiasm :-) Hopefully Jonners can recall the place, he's a font of knowledge so I'm sure he will!!

Kind Regards

Russell.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:46 pm 

Thanks Russell, I'm not gonna allow the money ive set aside for it to be used for other purposes... as far as im concerned its spent..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:49 pm 
Quote:
Thanks Russell, I'm not gonna allow the money ive set aside for it to be used for other purposes... as far as im concerned its spent..
Very welcome mate :D Thats the only way to do it, thats what i did with my engine rebuild (should have it back in a couple of weeks) - its the only way to ensure it gets done like you say to set it aside.

Kind Regards

Russell.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:55 pm 

yeah an unexpected windfall, not much but should get things started..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:00 pm 
Quote:
yeah an unexpected windfall, not much but should get things started..
Thats the spirit and the only way to look at things :-) Sometimes all thats needed is a good kick-start and the rest falls into place :-)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:10 pm 

indeed, ive added a little to it and hope it gets things going...it's not a huge amount unfo

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next