The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: 1850hl russet brown
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:28 am 
Future Club member hopefully!

That’s really lovely. Nice to have that history and connection with the car. Plus the little fella looks like he’s enjoying it too. :thumbsup:

What eight track cassettes do you have?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:47 pm 
Quote:
Quote:
Wow this looks awesome! exactly how i want my 1500HL to Look!!

How do you find it now with the suspension & bushes etc?
Its plenty stiffer than it was and does corner really well. A little crashy over bumps but not as bad as i was expecting. Its still very drivable and i've not lost any teeth yet.

I am going to have to raise the front a little. As clearance between the ground and the front subframe, plus some exhaust mounts is shocking. Cant avoid speed humps forever.
Thanks for the info! since reading this i have fitted Gaz suspension all round on mine! Just deciding what bushes to replace next!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:03 pm 

Quote:
That’s really lovely. Nice to have that history and connection with the car. Plus the little fella looks like he’s enjoying it too. :thumbsup:

What eight track cassettes do you have?
Yup, its one of the main reasons its with me for the second time. But it will be with me for GOOD now!

Ah i've loads of tapes, buying them off ebay and refurbishing them became a hobby. I've even an indoor 8 track player now. Some highlights are The Sex Pistols, T Rex, Led Zep, Fleetwood Mac, Creedence clearwater revival. Plenty more!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:11 am 

So, busy shopping at the moment. Firstly a set of 5 diamond cut sprint wheels with new Firestone road tyres picked up off Facebook for an absolute steal! I've been thinking about getting mine done for a while but think it would have cost more than the price i paid for these! I can save the R888R slicks for track duties now.

Secondly! I've not been happy with the bodywork on the car for a while, so its going to be getting an overhaul in the coming weeks with rust repairs to the front panel, rear arches and lower doors meaning fresh paint all round. The front nearside door is to damaged to repair so an original door skin has arrived with me from rimmers. It does show signs of the fact its been kicking about for 40+ years...

Lastly, i'm biting the bullet and going Vauxhall power, with alot of help from the forum! Its pretty insane considering the amount of work that went into the car recently to get it running nicely again. But hey ho, gotta keep yourself happy!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:12 pm 
TDC Member

The 8 track is a brilliant touch, and Russet looks great ! The lowered stance looks mean too, a great post and history mate, cheers.