edit: These pictures need rotating.... Just tilt your head in the mean time!
Sorry it's been a long delay. Felt fairly de-motivated as of late. This Sunday will be a whole year since I removed the engine, so I decided to crack on with it. I've made template engine mounts (very rough, made from thin metal and odd random bolts etc) to prove the engine fits. I can then hack these around a bit to get the engine in the right place, and then use these as templates for the real things. With that in mind, ignore the thin rusty metal and bad welding
Engine mount (engine part, mounts to another bit on subframe)
What it looks like off the car (stop laughing!)
Might be as ugly as a pig, but they do work
Some tools disliked my metalworking skills
Top down view of clutch, bit wonky but it'll do to prove it fits
Nice clearance at the front!..
Small break, hacked down 6 feet of brambles to make a path.
New tool box
Emptied fuel out of the MX the easy (super safe..) way
'Gearbox mount'. Gearbox was a right pig to get in.
That took some wiggling! Had to drop the subframe at the back in the end
Got it bolted to the engine and used a jack at the back, finally the wood and zipties could relax a bit
Shifter sits below the handbrake handle. I can move it forward 10cm with a minor hack, but that puts it in that re-enforcer. Not sure I'm a fan of that idea.
I'm going to hack away at some floor tonight and see if the gearbox tail will go high enough without losing that re-enforcer. If I can get it level then I'll have to have linkage inside the car under a new centre console or something. Not the look I was after, but originality was never going to happen, lets be honest!