Deffinately keeping the old school radio cassette!
I had bought two housings for it - the original Triumph item, and a generic housing from amazon.
Turns out the radio wouldn’t fit the original Triumph housing without modification, and I couldn’t cut up an original part that I guess someone may need. So I cut up the generic housing using the trusty rotary tool:
I cut the housing to the same depth and angle as the original one and it fitted up nicely:
This means that I have an original radio housing surplus if anyone is looking for one. I paid £25 for it and would just like my money back, if you would like it drop me a pm
Also been cracking on with the carpet set from Coverdale. It fits ok, not a difficult job, but I wish the sections were moulded like the originals for a better fit. But then it would be ten times the price I suppose! It’s a bit floppy as it’s in several sections, but when the seats are back in it will look nice. I do like the colour (yes I do actually like brown!), it’s pretty close to the original Chestnut, although it looks lighter in the photos taken in the bright sunshine.
Another lovely sunny day to be tinkering - I thoroughly enjoyed my time.