The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:03 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:19 am 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

Has anybody got a clutch master cylinder out of a 1500 where they can measure the dimensions of the operating fork which connects the master cylinder to the clutch pedal.

I have two here which have different measurements. The one that was fitted to the car measures 1 inch and 5/8ths between the arrows shown in the photograph and a second which measures 1 inch and 3/4 between the arrows. Both are badly worn.

I have welded plates to the outside of the forks of the longer unit but I have not yet drilled it 5/16 to take a new clevis pin.

The hole needs to be in the right position so that the clutch will disengage when I depress the pedal, something it will not do at present with the worn clevis pin and fork, and some mild wear in the clutch pedal itself.

Robert

Attachments:
20190112 1500 clutch fork dimensions.jpg
20190112 1500 clutch fork dimensions.jpg [ 91.59 KiB | Viewed 338 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:44 am 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Hi Robert,

In advance to replying to your e-Mail, the critical dimension is not to the bottom of the fork as the depth of the fork can vary from cylinder to cylinder, the important dimension is to the centre of the hole. Many times I’ve welded washers to these forks to put the hole back where it should be! I don’t have one specifically from a 1500 to hand myself, sorry, but I think the part number for the cylinder is common to the 1850 and I’ve also used an 1850 cylinder with success on a Sprint, so I’m presuming the dimensions are standard across the range...